Edited: 14 Jun 2003 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Seal
Just interested in how the SEAL family fits into this family. Thanks! Nancy

Murrell family 1786-1847

Randy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murrell, Harris, Wilder, Seal, Brewer
Am looking for any information out there on the following Murrell family.
James Murrell b. abt 1784 m. Nancy Williams aka Lawson. They had 6 children, names unknown to me. According to court records, Nancy had an affair, but James allowed her to stay at the home. Nancy later abandoned the family and became pregnant by another man. She left that child at James' home for him to care for. That child's name was Calven. James was granted a divorce in 1822. James apparently was later married to unknown. They had the following children: Aytchera(Achua, HU) b.1832, Jeptha b. 1834, Murphy b. 1836, Martin b. 1838, Samuel b. 1842 and Jasper b. 1844. The mother of these children either left or died soon after. James then remarried once again to Barabary Wolfe in 1847. Any help in finding any small amount of information to help put this puzzle together would be greatly appreciated. I do know that in Hawkins Co. in the early 1780's there were 2 other Murrell's, Benjamin and Thomas, but can find no info to tie either of these into James.

Thanks,
Randy

re: Seals connection

Randy (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
In the whole big scheme of things they connect in that One of the daughters of James Murrell, Aytchera, married a gentleman by the name of James Harris. They in turn had a child by the name of Matilda Harris who married John Henry Wilder son of Elizabeth Wilder who is the daughter of Dorcas Brewer and William Wilder. After William's death, Dorcas remarried to a gentleman by the name of John Seal. Thus there is the connection.

Randy

Seals Connection

Posted: 29 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2003 11:33PM GMT
Surnames: Murrel, Harris, Wilder, Seals, Brewer
Hi Randy,

I descend from John Seals and Susan Brewer the sister of Dorcas Brewer. Do you know when John Seals married Dorcas Brewer

Re: Seals connection

Anne Harris (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Seals
My grandfather was William Riley Harris, with a son named James Riley, who may have been named for his dad's brother or for his paternal grandfather. The only reason I think there might be a connection is my dad said his mom was a cousin to Ruth Rogers Seal; I have practically no other info. about William Riley or his father. What do you think?

Re: Seals Connection

Melissa (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2005 3:59AM GMT
Was wondering if you had any information on a Jessie James Seals from TN. He was born on 6-10-1928 in TN and died in KY on 2-14-1980. While in KY he married a Ruth Marie Cochran. Jessie is my grandfather and I can not find any info on his family. It has been said that he may of had some half brothers and sisters.
Thanks,
Melissa Seals-Kinser

Re: Seals Connection

Hallie (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 2005 1:14PM GMT
Surnames: Seal, Seals
I would suggest you get this death certificate from the state of KY to be absolutely sure, and use the name Seal as well as Seals. The Seals were concentrated in Hancock County, but were in other counties as well. Some used the Seal spelling, others the Seals spelling. Since both Jesse and James were often used in this family, unless you know the siblings names it might be difficult. His obituary might give the names of his siblings, but his death certificate would be your first step.

Re:William Riley Harris

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 7:32PM GMT
Surnames: Harris, Evan, Noah, Evan N TN IL IO MT
Hi

Looking at your post and wondering if you have more information on your William Riley Harris The one I have was b. 1818 Hawkins, TN and married to Catherine Wethers b. 1825.

Hope this gets to you.
Eileen

Re: Re:William Riley Harris

Anne (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2005 5:17PM GMT
Eileen,
-thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, I am having a lot of problems tracking down my Harris family. I'm almost positive that William Riley Harris' father was named James; I know his mother was Emeline Ferrell. William Riley(my paternal grandfather), or Riley, as he was called, was married twice, I believe. The first wife was (supposedly) Neely Winkler. His second wife, Cornelia Ferrell (don't know if she was related to Emeline) was my grandmother. Other than the children's names, I have very scant information. Perhaps we connect somehow. There were quite a few Harris families in Hawkins County at the same time. They must be somehow related. Feel free to email me personally and we can chat.
Anne

Re: Murrell family 1786-1847

Posted: 5 Nov 2012 12:03AM GMT
Randy, the death certificate for "Aychera" Harris states her mother was Augusta Brown b. NC, her father was James Murrell b. Hancock Co., TN (of course he wasn't born in Hancock County because it didn't exist). Augusta Brown is completely new to me. I wish I had more.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions