Search for content in message boards

Fausts of Milwaukee

Fausts of Milwaukee

Posted: 2 Aug 2007 4:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FAUST
Here are names of some of my Faust Family members from the Milwaukee area in the late 1800 and early 1900's. If you are related to any of these people, I have information.

Philip, Ernest, Alois, Alois Jr., Herbert, Bertram, Andrew, Andrew Jr., Lawrence.

-Scott Faust

Re: Fausts of Milwaukee

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 12:27AM GMT
hi there, my name is lawrence faust, born in milwaukee,1965, i am new to this site and am interested in finding out what i can. My father was andrew j. sr. faust 12-15-28 to 6-30-00 and my brother is andrew j. faust jr. anything u could tell me about our tree would be very much appreciated, and if i could be of any assistance, please let me know. Thanx, look forward to hearing from you.

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 11:06AM GMT
Hi Lawrence, I am certain you are my relative, I will email you privately. Thanks!

Scott

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 11:21AM GMT
I think you will need to contact me through private email, since I am not currently and Ancestry.com member, and I do not have your contact information.

Regarding our family, if my information is right, your mother is Virginia. Your grandfather was also Andrew J. Faust (born 10/10/1890), and his parents were Adam Faust (7/4/1866 - 12/12/1912), and Christina Wolf (born 12/1869). Adams parents were Jacob Faust (10/25/1819 - 7/1/1877) and Concessa Becker (10/24/1842 - 8/29/1920). Jacob Faust immigrated from Germany in 1854.

Your great grandfather, Adam Faust, moved to Milwaukee in the late 1880's with his brothers Philip, Ernest, and Alois, and his sister Gertrude.

I have many photographs that might be of interest to you, as well as records. I have several questions for you that I will save for private email. My email address is sfaust929@gmail.com

Hope to hear from you soon!

Scott Faust

Posted: 25 Sep 2009 12:14AM GMT
Am part of the Fausts of Milwaukee. Herbert Faust family. Would like to share information.

Posted: 25 Sep 2009 12:13PM GMT
Hi Quilter2009,

I do not currently have an account with Ancestry.com, so I am not able to contact you privately. Please reply with your email address or contact me at sfaust929@gmail.com. I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Herbert Faust is the only child of Alois Faust and Mary Lauer that I do not have much information for. That said, I do have lots of information, photos, and stories for his siblings, cousins, and his ancestors.

I did find his obituary in Eau Claire, that says he had a sign company in Milwaukee. I also heard that he may have done something with photography. I would very much like to learn more about him and his family.

His father, Alois Faust, was born in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin on the Faust homestead farm. He moved to Milwaukee around the turn of the century and married Mary Lauer. He worked at Porth Pie Company for many years. After his wife died he remarried Anna Hubacher, who I think was also a widow.

Alois' father (Herbert's grandfather), was Jacob Faust (1819 - 1877). He immigrated from Germany in 1854 and bought 80 acres of Land in Manitowoc County.

I look forward to talking with you through email so that I can send you photographs of family members and share more.

Thanks!
Scott Faust

Re: Faust names in Milwaukee's German Newspapers Index

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Faust
There are about 30 Faust entries in the local resource "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950). These include an Andrew and a Phillip Faust.

Indexing of these papers started in 2007 and continues today.
For more information contact project compiler/editor:
Gary Rebholz
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions