Search for content in message boards

Parish Dragatus, Parish Crnomelj, Parish Stari trg ob Kolpi, Parish Plemenitas and Parish Vinica

Parish Dragatus, Parish Crnomelj, Parish Stari trg ob Kolpi, Parish Plemenitas and Parish Vinica

Posted: 22 Feb 2008 12:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kuretic/Kuretich, Puhek, Majerle, Butala, Rade, Sutej/Shute, Peschel, Muhvic, Gerzetic/Gershetich, Bahor, Vertin, Loretic, Stajer/Stayer, Klobucar/Klobutscher, Svetic/Swetich, Matkovic/Matkovich, Panjan/Panian, Lamut/Lamuth, Baric/Baritch, Kure/Kurre, Radkajec, Gorse/Gorshe, Brajdic, Derzaj, Sterk, Osterman, Rogina, Turk, Kobe, Geshel
Looking for those surnames: Kuretic/Kuretich, Puhek, Majerle, Butala, Rade, Sutej/Shute, Peschel, Muhvic, Gerzetic/Gershetich, Bahor, Vertin, Loretic, Stajer/Stayer, Klobucar/Klobutscher, Svetic/Swetich, Matkovic/Matkovich, Panjan/Panian, Lamut/Lamuth, Baric/Baritch, Kure/Kurre, Radkajec, Gorse/Gorshe, Brajdic, Derzaj, Sterk, Osterman, Rogina, Turk, Kobe, Geshel.

Feel free to contact me if you would like.

Re: Parish Dragatus, Parish Crnomelj, Parish Stari trg ob Kolpi, Parish Plemenitas and Parish Vinica

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 3:42PM GMT
Surnames: schmalz sute
Your posting intrigued me as a lot of the names are in my family - close and extended.

I went through notes from 1975 when I started this (no computers then). My grandmother Sute was born Margareta Sute at 30 Ceplje. Baptized at SigParochineM – Nemska Loka (Don’t understand the writing.)
Her mother was Katherine Peschel; father Joseph Sute.

My grandmother’s sister (Lucija) used to live in Celpje 13 or 30. Last name hard to read – could be Pavlic. She visited us around 1962. I know she was living there in 1975. She had children.

But I am really curious about Schmalz/Smalz. I can find no record of my grandfather’s (Michael Schmalz) immigration to America and was wondering if there is another spelling. I believe he came from Lazi – but ………. No one alive in 1970 could remember anything and my grandmother was not on the best of terms with the Schmalz’s. What info I have is written on butcher paper!

My grandfather’s family (Schmalz) presumably owned two grist mills, and some farms. They also had an interest in a restaurant/bar. I have an old foto postcard.

My grandfather’s (Michael Schmalz) parents were Joseph Schmalz and Frances (spelling) Mueller. He also had two sisters that my mother recalls (but never mingled with even though they came to America around 1907-1915) Anna (Angie) and Barbara (she recalls)

I have found an Anna Schmalz who was born in 1886+/- in Reiz Krain and destined for 18 Star Street which is in the same neighbor hood where Peter Schmalz (nephew of Michael Schmalz)born 1881 in Lazi went. His record shows he left a wife Margaret at Lazi 11. So I guess they could be related.

There is also another reference on the butcher paper. (have no idea relationship). Note says County Clerk RE:

Rudolph Schmalz

Unterlock

De Lange Lu

Slovenia Yugoslavia

If this sounds confusing, it is to me too.

Re: Parish Dragatus, Parish Crnomelj, Parish Stari trg ob Kolpi, Parish Plemenitas and Parish Vinica

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 7:22PM GMT
I am interested in the name Baric..my father was Alphonse Baric born in Krajna vas, the main town of the region was Sezana in 1897..There were many siblings. Any information would be appreciated.

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 8:13PM GMT
There is a family named PAVLIC presently residing at Ceplje 13 and 13A.

The surnames SCHMALZ and SMALZ are not found in Slovenia. The surname SMALC is pronounced like SCHMALZ and this name is found in the general area northwest of Ceplje as well as many other places throughout Slovenia.

For Michael SCHMALZ on Ellis Island look up name indexed as Mihael SMALE. The manifest shows the actual surname as SMALC. All other facts fit your Michael SCHMALZ.

Riez is Recica ob Savinja which is a long way from Lazi. Lazi is not very close to Ceplje although Laze pri Predgradu is 3 miles south of Ceplje. The manifest for Peter clearly shows a wife at Laze 11 not Lazi 11. There are 21 places named Laze or with Laze as part of their name. There are two places with Lazi as all or part of their name. All of these places are different. There are 6 persons named SMALC listed in Dolenji Lazi 20 miles northwest of Ceplje.

Unterlock may be the village of Unterlag (pronounced Unterlaak) just southwest of Ceplje. It is present day Spodnji log.

Posted: 6 May 2008 7:33AM GMT
Hi!

Can you write me to: aleskuretich@gmail.com ?

Thanks and bye.

Posted: 6 May 2008 7:35AM GMT
Hi!

Can you write me to: aleskuretich@gmail.com ?

Thanks and bye.

Posted: 28 May 2008 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Smalcl (Schmalz) Sute/Sutej Kobe Osterman
This is in response to your email reply posted 6 May 2008.

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 4:14PM GMT
Svetic/Swetich

My oldmother Marija SVETIC come from Dragatus - Tanca gora (b 1883 d 1923) married with Papesh Ignaz in Pueblo Colorado All descendance is half in Slovénia and half in France - Slt Louis IVANEC

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 5:25AM GMT
Hi!

Do you have perhaps any more informations about your Marija Svetic from Tanca Gora (b 1883 d 1923)? In which house number was she born, who were hers parents,.. etc.

You can write me also on aleskuretich@gmail.com

Bye.

Ales

Posted: 13 Aug 2008 6:37AM GMT
Surnames: BAKIC, MANDIC, MARETIC, MATKOVIC, VAMPOVAC AND VUKSIC
I was googling and saw your message about surnames...
I am looking for information on Matkovich families..
I noticed Klobucar in your list as well, there are some contractors in Beloit Wisconsin with that name.

Dave Mothkovich
per page

Find a board about a specific topic