Search for content in message boards

Stone Family from Norway; Peter, Anna, steven, George Peter and Barbara Stone

Stone Family from Norway; Peter, Anna, steven, George Peter and Barbara Stone

Posted: 16 Oct 2009 11:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am doing family research for a family that has very little info. I have found a couple of documents that tells me the "Stone" family I am researching came from Norway.
Their journey probably occurred around 1980. The father was Peter stone, may have been born around 1870, his wife was Anna Clemons, daughter named Barbara who married an "Anderson", two sons; George peter and Steven. George Peter was the grandfather of this family. We have his dates and that he was born in Norway, as was his parents and siblings.
In theobit, it gives steven still in Canada at that time (1956)........ I have hit a solid "Stone"wall, have no ideal how to find them in Norway because I know nothing about Norway or any info except name on Peter or Anna Clemons.
Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Re: Stone Family from Norway; Peter, Anna, steven, George Peter and Barbara Stone

Posted: 17 Oct 2009 12:45PM GMT
Some very incorrect dates given above?

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~wgnorway/good-queries.htm

One would hope that you'll be able to find some Canadian documents/censuses/etc. that will at least give you birth years and immigration years for those born in Norway.

Re: Stone Family from Norway; Peter, Anna, steven, George Peter and Barbara Stone

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 3:25PM GMT
Is this your Steven Stone, born in Norway?

1916 Canada Census of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta

Name: Stephen Stone
Marital Status: Single
Est. Birth Year: 1887
Birthplace: Norway
Year of Immigration: 1911
Home in 1916: 10, Edmonton East, Alberta
Address: 55, 22, 4
racial_or_tribal_origin: Norwegian

Household Members: Name Age
Martin Johnson 29
Mary Johnson 31
Clifford Johnson 7
Herman Johnson 5
Selma Johnson 2
Marvin Johnson 0
Stephen Stone 29
Otto Johnson 26

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 3:56PM GMT
I see that you have made a family tree at ancestry.com.

How certain are you about this information?

Posted: 18 Oct 2009 6:34PM GMT
1900 Norwegian census finds family in Nes, Buskerud, Norway --

http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste_e.aspx?ft=1900&...

Original poster claimed no knowledge of how to research in Norway so must include the following instruction link -
http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~norway/articles.html

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 2:03PM GMT
Yes, thank you! I think this is the Stephen Stone from Norway that I am looking for. I appreciate the help so very much. Is it possible that you could send a link to the Canada Cenus?

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 2:11PM GMT
I was not certain of ages. I had names and estimates but that was it. Another person has found the family listed in 1900 Nes Buskerud, Norway Census with dates, family members, etc for 1900. The information you have given me on Stephen Stone is certainly a wonderful lead to Stephen Stones family. Thank you so very much
Connie sue Rice

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 5:21PM GMT
Anyone have Stone families in the ST George ME area(originally) and or in Boston, with a Peter Stone who is an MD and about 60ish

B

Attn: Connie Sue - Birth of "Barbara Stone"

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 12:34PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jan 2013 12:45PM GMT
Hi,
I noticed that your tree has a lot of incorrect records linked to it. Some of the dates are also off a bit. The person you list as "Barbro Stone" had a twin brother that apparently died young. The family was not yet living at "Støen" when Barbro was born, they were living at a farm called "Viken".

Middle of left page....

Born 10 Feb 1882
Baptized 26 Mar 1882
Peder and Barbo, twins
Father: Peder Pedersen Viken, born 1827
Mother: Anne Stengrimsdatter, born 1848
Place of birth: the farm Viken, Nes, Buskerud

Kildeinformasjon: Buskerud fylke, Nes i Nes, Klokkerbok nr. I 2 (1872-1912), Fødte og døpte 1882, side 25.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=3974&i...

Birth of "Stephen Stone"

Posted: 23 Jan 2013 12:44PM GMT
Middle of right page

Born 27 Jun 1886
Baptized 11 Jul 1886
Steingrim
Father: Peder Pedersen Bakken, born 1826
Mother: Anne Steingrimsdatter, born 1847
Place of birth: the farm Bakken, Nes, Buskerud

Kildeinformasjon: Buskerud fylke, Nes i Nes, Klokkerbok nr. I 2 (1872-1912), Fødte og døpte 1886, side 41.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=3974&i...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic