Search for content in message boards

CORTLAND CITY DIRECTORY

CORTLAND CITY DIRECTORY

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 7:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Arthur Windfield/Catharine Kearney. Mable Windfield
In 1930 Census,I have Arthur widowed, his daughter Mable, boarders on Batsfords farm in Cortlandville. Can you find any more information on these family members? Catherine died when their daughter was five.Any info on that? Where, when and how? My e-mail address is pgdwcd@ yahoo.com Thank you in advance. Sorry but I found Mable later at the home of a Hattie Ellis, And one house down was a Nelson Windfield. Any relation?

Re: CORTLAND CITY DIRECTORY

Posted: 13 Nov 2005 7:05AM GMT
Edited: 14 Dec 2005 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Windfield
Sorry, forgot someone-Arthur Windfields parents. Do you have names and or dates. Thanks again! Pam

Kathy Fernald (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2005 2:57PM GMT
Sorry, but the only Windfield I found in the city directories that I checked (1902, 1928, 1937, & 1944) was Herbert L. Windfield (Elsie G) living at 14 Crandall St. and was a trucker in 1928. Unfortunately, city directories give very limited information (address, employer, and spouse's name).

I did, however, find several Kearney's in the same time frames. I am not sure if they connect to your family, but will list them:

Daniel Kearney, carriage painter, boards at 21 East Main St.

David Kearney, employed by Cortland Wagon Co., boards at 22 Orchard St.

James Kearney, employed by Cortland Wagon Co., owns home at 22 Orchard St.

Francis J. Kearney, clerk at J. A. Kennedy, resides at 18A Pendleton St.

Mary Kearney, widow of Daniel, news agent at DL&W Depot, resides at 18A Pendleton St.

Ruth E. Kearney, student, 18A Pendleton St.

1937 & 1941
Francis J. Kearney (Marjorie L.), salesman at 12 Main St. (Henry's Men Shop), resides at 31 Van Hoesen St.

Marjorie L. (Mrs. Francis J.), clerk at Mohawk Gas Co., 31 Van Hoesen St.

Minnie F. Kearney (widow of Daniel H. J.), cook at Alpha Delta Delta Sorority, resides at 17 Argyle Place.

Ruth E. Kearney, school nurse in Scotia, resides at 17 Argyle Place.

Francis J. Kearney (Marjorie L.), salesman at 3 Main St., resides at 31 Van Hoesen St.

Let me know if I can be of any further help. Good luck in your search!

Posted: 2 Dec 2005 6:20PM GMT
1920 chestnut st , oneonta, otsego co
arthur j age 35 owns home free. a machinist on rr, catherine 38 b ny to parents b ireland , mabel m, 1 yr 7 mos
go to www.familysearch.org , find the nearest family history library to u and rent the film for marrriage records for otsego county - usually give parents names, birth dates, addresses, witnessess where married. then u can send for marriage cert if m in a church Marriage record, v. 1-3 1908-1926 FHL US/CAN Film 869040
1/26/1921 oneonta star: the death of wm thomas kearney, which obit i will send to u. please extrapolate, collate, shae. mr kearney died in arthur winfields home at 255 chestnut st oneonta. mrs winfield was his sister. their parents were richard and katherine lonergan kearney.. wm b 10/18/1879, weedsville pa. his parents were b ireland and located in williamsport pa, removing to oneonta in 1882. there is more, but tje type is poor, i will let u read it

Posted: 2 Dec 2005 11:30PM GMT
Surnames: Windfield
Thank you Kathy for all the information! I appreciate it!
Pam

Posted: 4 Dec 2005 1:15AM GMT
other researchers - more info on otsego board - arthur and nelson appear to be bros., also eli, census there also

Posted: 31 Aug 2006 2:30AM GMT
Excuse me, I know this is a little off the subject, but are you any relation to Phil Rehbein?

Pam Rehbein (View posts)
Posted: 31 Aug 2006 4:15AM GMT
Surnames: Rehbein
Hi Cindy, Yes, Phil is my brother-in-law.

Posted: 3 Aug 2012 8:28AM GMT
Hi everyone, I know I am a few years late but I wanted to say that the obituary is in fact incorrect, there is a 1980 census that shows the family living in Oneonta by that time, not 1882. It is clear that Richard and Catherine, Patrick H (Age 11), Willie (Age 9, the one in the obituary), Eddie (age 8), Richard (Age 3- this is the person Im connected to), and Joseph (Age 1), all the ages match up but it seems they had the date they moved to Oneonta wrong, as Richard (Age 3) was born in Oneonta in 1876. The eldest 3, Patrick, William, and Eddie, were the only born in PA. Eddie was the last child born in PA. Richard was the first to be born in NY. Just wanted to clarify, please contact me to exchange more info! The link for this Census can be found here, where there appears to be an error in the transcription regarding the spelling (Kerney)

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?db=1880usfedcen&a...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions