Search for content in message boards

Johnson, Lemuel

Johnson, Lemuel

Posted: 31 Aug 1999 12:59PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2001 6:36PM GMT
Looking for the PARENTS of Lemuel Johnson, b: about 1817 in Virginia. Listed in the 1850 Morgan County, Illinois census at age 33. Lemuel's wife, Sarah Robinson, died following the birth of a son named, "John," and was buried iat Buda, Illinois. Three daughters, Catharine, Rebecca and Malinda Jane went to live with an Uncle, Harrison Robinson. Lemuel took their oldest son, William and left the area. John was taken (by unknowns)to Nebraska at an early age, locating in the Brownville, Nebraska area.

Lemuel Johnson

Posted: 12 Oct 1999 5:06AM GMT
Edited: 12 Oct 2003 8:49PM GMT
Hi! I've run into Lemuel in mhy searches for
Cornelius Isaac. Today I am in Morgan Co to
search for another line. May I look at something
for you?
Jin

Lemuel Johnson

Iona (Kee) Livings (View posts)
Posted: 13 Oct 1999 6:14AM GMT
My principal interest is in the daughter of Lemuel Johnson, Melinda Jane Johnson, who married my grandfather, John Kee.
She was one year old on the 1850 Morgan County, Illinois census. She was listed as having been born in Illinois. Her brother, William, and a sister by the name of Catharine were born in Ohio.
Sarah had other children, Rebecca and John. She died at the time of John's birth. The three girls were sent to live with Sarah's brother, Harrison Robinson and Lemuel Johnson took the oldest son, William, remarried, but the daughters never heard from him again.

Re: Lemuel Johnson

Posted: 7 May 2009 6:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: johnson
I'm trying to find the parents of lemuel johnson b.12oct 1817.wife ,sarah robinson b.1nov1819.i found your responce to iona livings.her referance to the 1850 census{age 33} is wrong.when you look at the cencus magnified his age is 23 not 33.poor penmanship.i've talked to iona and sent her my research on the william johnson line ,my grand fathers side.hope you can help.iwould be happy to send you my research for your files.geoff

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 6:15PM GMT
HI jin:I hope you can help find additional info on lemuel johnson. Any info would help. I'm trying to find his parents or where in virginia he was from/born.I'm from his son william's line. I have info to share if you have any questions I might help.geoff33c30@aol.com

Posted: 1 Jun 2009 6:18PM GMT
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions