Search for content in message boards

R.C. Cemetery, Wyalong

R.C. Cemetery, Wyalong

Posted: 4 Nov 2011 5:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi! I am chasing any information on a Richard Fitzgerald and an Alicia Ellen Fitzgerald. Alicia died 4 May 1924 and is believed to be buried in the above cemetery. Cannot find information on Richard's death, believed to be prior to 1924.
Any assistance appreciated.
Marie

Re: R.C. Cemetery, Wyalong

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 10:02AM GMT
Hello Marie,

Richard FITZGERALD is buried in the West Wyalong cemetery and appears to be buried next to Alicia,his date of death is recorded as 25/6/1928 and his age is recorded as 60.

This Richard is listed on the NSW probate index,so it may be worthwhile to order the probate packet to see where he died and who benefitted from his death.

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 10:32AM GMT
Hello Marie,

Buried next to Alicia and Richard is one of their sons Frederick Bernard,his date of death is recorded as 29/11/1939 and was aged 39 years.

Fitzgerald Richard Francis died 7-September-1962 of Forbes aged 60

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 1:04PM GMT
Hello Marie,

There is a Richard F FITZGERALD's death registration in Goulburn in 1928,parents are a close match to a Richard FITZGERALD's birth registered at Forbes in 1868,age matches fairly closely to Richard FITZPATRICK buried at West Wyalong.

Posted: 7 Dec 2011 2:17AM GMT
Hi! Thank you so much for your replies to my query re Richard. I am also after his parents or immigration details, so I will follow up your suggestion re that birth.

Are you related by chance? If so, how??
Marie

Posted: 16 Dec 2011 12:14PM GMT
Hello,

sorry I have not been on line for a while,but I have just gotten out of hospital and hopefully back on the mend.

Mark FITZGERALD and Annabella THORPE married at Forbes in 1866,registration 1866/2453.

Mark FITZGERALD died 2/01/1920,aged 80 ,buried with Annabella FITZGERALD died 20/04/1922 aged 74

Henry Francis FITZGERALD died 21/01/1947 aged 73 buried with his sister Isabel FITZGERALD who died 28/10/1947 at Condobolin

Edward Francis FITZGERALD died 21/04/1943 aged 72 buried with Charlotte Levina FITZGERALD died 16/07/1974 aged 88

William Bernard FITZGERALD died 9/01/1948 aged 29 (son of Edward Francis FITZGERALD and Charlotte Levina FITZGERALD)

Patrick Lawrence FITZGERALD died 30/05/1969,registered at Kogarah,Sydney buried with Frances Christina FITZGERALD died 31/12/1985 at Woronora Cemetery,Sydney,NSW.

Listed above are the FITZGERALD families buried at West Wyalong,with the exception of Patrick and Frances(buried at Woronora)who are the parents of and brothers,sisters and sister in laws of Richard and Alicia.

I hope this helps with further research,it looks as if Mark 's parents were Edward FITZGERALD and Mary Ann GORMAN who were married in Sydney in 1831.

Let me know if this is the correct family you are after,and in regards to any family connection,there is none,but I gladly do look ups when people hit hurdles and enjoy doing it,health allowing.

Enid

Posted: 18 Dec 2011 3:42AM GMT
Hi Enid! Thank you so much for all the information you have given me. Yes, this is the family. I am sorry there is no connection but appreciate your efforts, particularly when you are just out of hospital.

I wish you a happy Christmas and good health in 2012.
Regards
Marie

Posted: 18 Dec 2011 9:48AM GMT
Hello,

I did find an article for the death of Richard FITZGERALD who died in 1928,it puzzles me as to why his death is registered at Goulburn.

The article mentions that Richard was of Wamboyne,and that he was sixty years of age and that he was the father of 13 children.

The article was published by "The Sydney Morning Herald" on page 12 of the issue dated 3rd of July 1928,in the last column under the heading of "COUNTRY NEWS",sub heading "PIONEERS DEATHS".

WEST WYALONG,Monday.

The death has occurred of Mr Richard FITZGERALD of Wamboyne.He was born at Moonbi sixty years ago,and selected land at Wamboyne over 30 years ago.He had lived there ever since.He is survived by 13 children.

His birth is registered at Forbes,maybe they have a town near Forbes that sounds like Moonbi(as Monnbi is around the Tamworth district)

Maybe the Cootamundra newspaper,Forbes newspaper Parkes newspaper,Temora newspaper or even the Condobolin newspaper may have more information on him.

Regards from Canberra,

Enid.

Posted: 18 Dec 2011 10:13AM GMT
Hello,

I did fail to mention that in addition to the children you may have been able to find on NSW Bmd's,there was a daughter and a son,both births registered at West Wyalong before 1918.

If you E - Mail me privately,I can look up other family members buried at West Wyalong and have found some of Richard and Alicia's childrens deaths registered on NSW BMD's.

Enid.

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 5:17AM GMT
Hi Enid! Thank you for the follow up.Did you happen to notice the nam es of the girl and boy born around 1918?

With regard to why Richard's death may have been registered in Goulburn, perhaps he had a child or relative living in the area.

Wamboyne is fine but I wonder about the Moonbi, seems a little strange, but maybe that is just what the informant told the person making the report.

I will try to check out the other newspapers in the Newn Year.
Thanks again,
Regards
Marie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic