Search for content in message boards

Clark Cemeteries in Avery County, North Carolina

Clark Cemeteries in Avery County, North Carolina

Posted: 18 May 2004 4:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 May 2005 1:36AM GMT
Surnames: Braswell, Bowman, Clark, Odom, Lunsford, Oaks, Heaton
I was wondering if anyone could do me a huge favor that lives in Avery County, North Carolina. Could anyone up there go to any of the Clark family cemeteries that are located on the Clark Road. I'm looking for every Clark family members that are buried at all of the Clark family cemeteries. I am related to alot of the Clark's from Avery County, Caldwell County, Burke County, Mitchell County and other surrounding areas. I could pay anyone by check, money order or by cash.

I would also like to know if anyone has ever been to the Harper Creek Cemetery or Kawana Cemetery. I have alot of family that are buried there as well. My great-great grandparents, Jonas Lefever Bowman and Myra Selina Braswell Bowman are buried there as well as alot of the Clark families. Also, they are a small family cemetery called the William Elgie Clark Family cemetery, does anyone know where this cemetery is located at? I have a great-great aunt who is buried there, her name was Margaret Bowman Clark. I have never been to any of these cemeteries, so any more help with their locations, then I would greatly appreciate it.

Please e-mail me if anyone can help me out. I will answer back as soon as possible. Thanks for your time.

Michael Pennell
Lenoir, NC
powerpennell21@yahoo.com

Re: Clark Cemeteries in Avery County, North Carolina

Posted: 27 Aug 2004 9:45AM GMT
Edited: 13 Feb 2005 10:27AM GMT
Surnames: Burleson, Clark, Pyatte
Michael,

I don't live in Avery county but am curious as to what your Clark descent is? Mine is as follows:

Warsaw C. Clark=Rebecca Burleson
Pettie Clark=James Pyatte
Earl Pyatte=Winnie Cook
Pauline Pyatte=Daniel Johnson
Daniel Johnson (me)

Posted: 23 May 2008 1:55AM GMT
There are lots of Clark graves at Kawana...a few are unmarked. They have a decoration day up there in July (it's around July 4th.) If you were going to find anyone that knew anything that woud be a good day to go. Have you found a Clark cemetary in Atico near Collettsville? I haven't found that one but I think that's where Harvey Clark is buried. Harvey's children married several Braswells. Myra married Dolphus and his sister marrieda Braswell too.

Posted: 23 May 2008 1:56AM GMT
There are lots of Clark graves at Kawana...a few are unmarked. They have a decoration day up there in July (it's around July 4th.) If you were going to find anyone that knew anything that woud be a good day to go. Have you found a Clark cemetary in Atico near Collettsville? I haven't found that one but I think that's where Harvey Clark is buried. Harvey's children married several Braswells. Myra Braswell married Dolphus and his sister marrieda Braswell too.

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 9:57AM GMT
Surnames: Clark
The Calloway cemetery in Avery County, NC is a good place to start. At the beginning of July most of the families of relatives of the Clark come to the cemetery. My mother was a Clark if you need information I might can help. Also
Tate cemetery in Mitchell county holds some of the descendants of the Clark family.

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 8:53PM GMT
I read about that cemetary and think one of my great greats is buried there but haven't exactly figured out how to get to it(of course when we're over that way I don't have any of my info saying where it is so we never really make a good effort at it. Is it near Land harbor?

Who is your Clark grandmother? My grandfather was Lester his dad was Luther.

Posted: 26 Oct 2008 8:53PM GMT
I read about that cemetary and think one of my great greats is buried there but haven't exactly figured out how to get to it(of course when we're over that way I don't have any of my info saying where it is so we never really make a good effort at it. Is it near Land harbor?

Who is your Clark grandmother? My grandfather was Lester his dad was Luther.

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Braswell
The "Clark" cemetery near "Adako" is called the "Billy Braswell" cemetery. I have MANY relatives buried there and have been there within the last two years for a burial. It is REMOTE. We had to walk the casket in the last 1/2 mile or more. I will check to see if I have info on Harvey Clark. My email is hopecvsi@bellsouth.net if you want to communicate further.

Posted: 8 Jan 2012 4:21AM GMT
Surnames: Clark, Braswell, Carpenter, Pritchard
Rutha Emeline Clark b 1855 daughter of Douthard Coleman Clark and Rebecca Ann Braswell married first Irvin/Ervin Carpenter and had two children: Todd and Betha Jane. She later married a John Pritchard and more children. All that is rather confusing as I can find no info in censuses etc. that would allow for a divorced and remarriage. I would love to get more data on all that. Audrey Annable Franklin
PS Betha Jane is my husband's great grandmother.

Posted: 19 Feb 2012 2:18AM GMT
I would like any information on the clark family tree. My grandfather was born in caldwell nc. His name was Henry Eden Clark, sometimes mistakenly called Boman for his last name. His mother was Charlotte Leavie Clark, daughter of William Henry Clark. Charlotte had Henry in 1890, & a couple of years later married George Bowman. I just found out a couple of years ago that none of my family seems to know who my great grandfather, (Henry Eden Clark's) father was. If anyone has any information on our tree, please let me know. Most of our famyly was from caldwell, nc, or Avery county nc. Here is a list of some of my family.
Alexander (Sandy) Clark Sr, abt 1725, Scotland
Alexander (Sandy) Clark abt 1769, Orange co. nc
Harvey Clark 1-10-1803 Burke nc
Douthard Colman Clark, 1827, Simmons Woods, Burke nc
William Henry Clark, 12-25-1845, caldwell nc
William Henry Clark had Charlotte Leavie Clark in 1868 , (my great grandmother). Charlotte had my grandfather Henry Eden Clark in 1890, & a couple of years later married George Bowman. I would be glad to buy any Cd's available or printed material. I am interested also in any family reunions. Please help us if possible.
Thanks,
Cliff Clark
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions