Search for content in message boards

Looking for any information related to Gillett famliy members

Looking for any information related to Gillett famliy members

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 3:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2013 3:04AM GMT
Searching for info on family of John Gillett and wife Elizabeth Patterson Ramsey Gillett. They had a son Anderson who married Philany _________ in 1774 there in Onslow County.
Some of these family members should be buried there. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for any information related to Gillett famliy members

Posted: 21 Aug 2013 3:10AM GMT
the gillett family still live in bear creek 7 miles from swansboro. graves all around. they live off of shell rock landing.

Posted: 22 Aug 2013 12:46PM GMT
thank you, thank you, for the reply. If you know the family personally, could you please have them contact me at mmboston@hotmail.com?

Would you know if there are any Randal, Randel, or Randall families still living in the area? I am also looking for the family of a Rebecca Randal that married a John Randal about 1740. There may have been a Richard, Joseph, or Josias in the area that may have been related to her, perhaps her father.

Thank you again.

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 4:42PM GMT
yes i will they are family. the reed/reid and phillip,s are direct family to the gillett,s they arein the phone book. look under hubert nc. most of the family graces moved from the USMC base. i'll let them kmow. i'll check on the other family for you. ill ask my aunt. they will know.swansboro keeps great records of family.good luck.

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 6:28PM GMT
This is so exciting - the Gillette family (now with an e) are known to be early pioneers in Manatee County, Fl. There was even a community named after them, that is how the e came onto the name. My husband's grandmother on his dad's side was a Gillette. She was Meribah Gillette, daughter of Caroline Alderman and Daniel Gillette.

There are 3 generations that I have who lived in Onslow, they are: John William Gillett (b 1775 in Onslow and died in Wayne GA in 1820. He married an Elizabeth ???(1777). His father was Anderson Gillett (b. 1749 and died 1788 in Onslow). He maried a Philany ??? (1749-1784). His father was John Gillett(b. 1720 on Eastern shore d. In Onslow County. He married an Elizabeth Patterson Ramsy who was born in Accomack Co. and died in Onslow.

I hadn't thought that they were in the area of the military base. I am in Florida and not familiar at all with NC, except for the Asheville area.

There is a person on ancestry.com who has a huge Gillett tree, many with pictures. If it turns out that we share relatives, I will send you my tree invite - it is private at this time since I am still working on it and have to prove alot of information.

I once found info on where John or Anderson lived. Now I can't find it but it had something with pig or hog in the name. At the time, I knew I should have saved it to my shoebox but evidently I didn't. Seemed as though it was close to where the Boston's lived.

Thank you once again for contacting me. I would love to talk with you about these families.

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Boston, Gillett(e), Randel, Randall, Cox
Hoping once again to make contact with members of the Gillette family there in Onslow County. looking onto their possible connection to the John Boston family who were there in the 1760-1785 time frame.
Another related family is either Randell, Randal, or Randall, as Rebecckah married John Boston, possibly in 1760 time from.

John was also named in a will of Charles Cox as a son in law. So if there are family members of the Cox family out there, I would love to make contact with you also.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Boston, Gillett(e), Randel, Randall, Cox
Hoping once again to make contact with members of the Gillette family there in Onslow County. looking onto their possible connection to the John Boston family who were there in the 1760-1785 time frame.
Another related family is either Randell, Randal, or Randall, as Rebecckah married John Boston, possibly in 1760 time from.

John was also named in a will of Charles Cox as a son in law. So if there are family members of the Cox family out there, I would love to make contact with you also.

Thanks for any help you can give.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic