Search for content in message boards

JOHN WILSON, 1795 will

JOHN WILSON, 1795 will

Posted: 15 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 4:56PM GMT
I am searching for the parents and birthplace of John Wilson
whose will was recorded in Mecklenburg Co, VA 8 Feb 1795.
His wife was Tabitha. I do not know her surname, but I am
searching for it as well. Their children mentioned in the
will were:Ann Cheatham, Elizabeth Pulliam, Mary Elam,
Thomas, John, Miles. Daniel, James, Tabitha, Lucy and Uel
Wilson. I would appreciate any help anyone would care to
offer.

John Wilson

Posted: 20 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2004 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Israel, Osborne
I have a letter to my grandmother about John Wilson of Mecklenberg Co. His first wife was Mary Elisabeth Israel
The letter says he was rich and had a plantation of Bluestone Creek many slaves and 10 or 11 children. It described Mary as a beautiful Jewess. I think Tabitha surname was Osborne. but not positive sorry I was't more help

John Wilson birth place

Ron Wilson (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON
There is a record of a John WILSON born 1728/29 in Upottery, Devon England who could possibly be the John Wilosn you are inquiring about. He booked passage on the ship, ALBION in 1774 with what appears to be a brother, Thomas (b.1724) and another brother, Robert (b. 1726) who sailed on the prince George at the same time (1774. He landed in Nova Scotia but apprantly settled in Mecklenburg County, VA. In addition to James it appears likely that he had a son John (b. 1760) who fought in the revolutionary. This John Wilosn is the father of a long line of John Wilson's (my Dad being the last. There seems to be conflicting information whether this John Wilson (the one born 1760) was from Mecklenburg County VA or from Mecklenburg County VA. My family tradition is that we came from Virginia, but several references put John Wilson from NC.

Re: John Wilson's Son Cornelius

Linda Carnes (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 12:21PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Trainum, Trantham, Tranum
Did John have a son Cornelius and two or three other sons? My Cornelius Wilson was born circa 1764-66 in VA and ran away from his widowed mother at age 11-12 to join his two brothers in the Revolutionary War.

Re: JOHN WILSON, 1795 will

Posted: 27 Apr 2002 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 27 Sep 2003 2:41PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON, CHEATHAM, DAWSON, GREEN
The wife of John Wilson of Mecklenburg County named Tabitha was Tabitha Cheatham, daughter of Leonard and Elizabeth (Green) Dawson Cheatham. Elizabeth's will is located in Mecklenburg County "Will Book 4, pages 170-171. She lists daughter, Tabitha Wilson, and grandson, James Wilson, among her heirs. James is the executor of her estate. (This will has just been sent to the Mecklenburg County VA GenWeb website.)

Posted: 15 Mar 2005 1:44AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Curry, Baulch, Turner, Heflin
I have a Cornelius Wilson in my family who was born in 1764 in Mecklenburg County, VA. He ended up in Maury County, TN. Any connection?

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 12:01PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2006 9:28AM GMT
Surnames: Trainum, Wilson
YES! Cornelius Wilson Trainum from Maury County, TN was my great great grandfather. May I have any info you might have and I will do same?

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 12:05PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2006 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: Trainum, Wilson
Sorry...got so excited at finding your message that I did not complete my thoughts. There must be a connection as Elizabeth Wilson married Jeremiah Trainum and their son was Cornelius Wilson Trainum who ended up in Maury County, TN.

Re: John Wilson

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 12:14PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2006 1:17PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Do you have any other info on John Wilson who was born 1760? Any brothers? Who did he marry, etc. I believe he had a younger brother Cornelius Wilson who also served in the Revolutionary War as a fifer/drummer for General George Washington.

Posted: 26 Aug 2006 5:54AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2006 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Wilson
Larry, do you have any other information regarding Cornelius Wilson and his family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic