Search for content in message boards

Micajah Lewis

Micajah Lewis

Posted: 13 Apr 2003 4:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Apr 2003 8:10AM GMT
Surnames: Lewis, Bobbit, Lawrence, Blanton
I'm looking for information about Micajah Lewis and his son David. My family records have these Lewis' coming from NC to MO, probably by way of TN.

My gggrandmother, Nancy R. Lewis married George W. Bobbit, maybe around 1880. They had seven children: James, Emma, Allie, Luna, Dora, Mamie, and Ida. Nancy's father was David Lewis, and he married Elizabeth Lawrence (no parents found). I have a birth date for a David Lewis being born 2 OCT 1813, in Warren Co. TN, no death date. Notes writted by James Bobbit state that David Lewis was a baptist preacher who first came to Bloomfield MO when it was an Indian village. David's father was probably Micajah Lewis. Bobbit's notes state that David was from NC, though he may be refering to Micajah.

I have David Lewis marrying Elizabeth Lawrence and Micajah Lewis marrying Hannah Blanton.

Thanks for your help,

Denise Brooks

Re: Micajah Lewis

Posted: 25 Jan 2010 7:07PM GMT
My grandmother was Mary Alice Bobbitt ("Allie") and I have a little more information on the Lewises and Bobbitts.
Bob Bailey

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 2:11AM GMT
Bob
Please share with the rest of us, I'm interested as well.
Thanks
Patti

Posted: 26 Jan 2010 6:09PM GMT
Patti;
Here's what I have: Micajah Lewis, b.1788, married Hannah Blanton in 1812. Their eldest son, David Lewis(b. 2 Oct. 1813) married Elizabeth Lawrence on 25 Feb. 1836. Their daughter, Nancy Rebecca Lewis, married George Washington Bobbitt (b. 7 Mar. 1851) on 7 Feb. 1876. Mary Alice Bobbitt, the 4th of 9 children (b. 8 Apr. 1882) was my maternal grandmother. The Bobbitts have an extensive history and a large website going back to Elizabethan England.
Bob Bailey

Posted: 23 Aug 2010 1:31AM GMT
Bob

I have revised my Bobbit Family site. I had my DNA run and discovered that 99% of the Bobbitts in Thr Bobbitt family in America Book by John W. Bobbitt are not related to me and my line.
I would like to locate descendants of George washington's sons and get them to have thier DNA run.
Do you have any info on any of them?
Everyone interested in the Bobbitt line please visit www.bobbittville.com and click on Chird Bobbitt's family.

Chird Bobbitt in Searcy, AR
chird@bobbittville.com

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:36AM GMT
Are you kin to the Bobbitts of Cleveland County, N.C.

Posted: 16 Mar 2013 3:39AM GMT
I would be interested in the Blanton family od N C also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions