/Unknown family history & genealogy message board. Hosted by Ancestry.com. Forum of community contributed messages helping members research the Erik "The Red" / Leif Erikson D/B <0960>/Unknown topic."/> , , , Ancestry, Genealogy, Family, History, Family History, Ancestors, Community, relatives, surnames "/> Erik "The Red" / Leif Erikson D/B <0960> - Unknown - Family History & Genealogy Message Board - Ancestry.com

Search for content in message boards

Erik "The Red" / Leif Erikson D/B <0960>

Erik "The Red" / Leif Erikson D/B <0960>

Posted: 27 Jan 2010 8:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Erikson
Would anyone know of any proven documation on Erik "The Red" and/or Leif Erikson? Family members, birth, marriage, children, death etc? Could they have any kin left living today in Norway? I know this is a very looong shot!

Thanks for any help you may have.
Darleen

Re: Erik "The Red" / Leif Erikson D/B <0960>

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 3:47AM GMT
I am a living relative of Leif Erikson. My grama has a book of my family's geneology.

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 6:25PM GMT

Hello, Thank you for your reply. Would you know if the names of Mundal, Distad or Ohman appear in any of your families documents? I know it's a very long shot but just curious.

Thanks

Posted: 17 Nov 2010 8:26PM GMT
When my mother was little, back in the 70's or so, she did a family tree, her last name, Reed, went all the way back erik the red, im not to sure about norway though..

Posted: 24 Feb 2011 10:33PM GMT
Surnames: Ásvaldsson Oxen-Thorirsson Úlfsson Thorvaldson Jörundardóttir Erickson Leifsson Þorbjarnardóttir Eiriksdottir
Here's a portion of Eric the Red's line you have to trace back a decent ways to connect to it though

1 Asvald (surname unknown)
.2 Øksna-Tore Ásvaldsson
..3 Ulf Oxen-Thorirsson
...4 Ásvaldur Úlfsson
....5 Thorvaldur Ásvaldsson
.....6 Eric Thorvaldson (Eric the Red)
.....+ Thodjildur Jörundardóttir
......7 Lief Erickson
......+ Thorgunna (surname unknown)
.......8 Thorkell Leifsson
......7 Thorvald Erickson
......7 Thorstein Erickson
......+ Guðríður Þorbjarnardóttir
.....+ (2nd wife) Thorbjarga (surname unknown)
......7 Thurid Eiriksdottir
......7 Freydis Eiriksdottir

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 7:40PM GMT
My father said his father told him he was related to Leif Ericson back many generations. His lien is from Denmark and we can trace his family back to Anders Hansen b 1740 in Kirkerup(roskilde) Denmark. Does your book come forward enough thru this part of Denmark?
Diann Hansen Biltz

Posted: 7 Sep 2011 8:32PM GMT
Sorry, but I don't believe we have/had any connections to Denmark. Most of our family came from Norway. If I come across information on the Ericksons' I'll let you know.
Darleen

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 1:26AM GMT
I became interested in this since by Dad told me his &+ great grandfather sailed with Eric the Red - there is a Viking museum in Roskilde Denmark where my family line is from and some of these sailed with him - seems at that time in history the Vikings came from all the Scandanavian countries

Posted: 4 Oct 2011 1:28AM GMT
Thanks - I wonder if SLC Family History Library has taken on this project? They are doing a lot of medieval research. Will check out several of my contacts there!

Posted: 17 Oct 2011 5:52PM GMT
I've been told my family linage leads back to Leif Erikson too. I don't have access to the family tree that was done and the only names I have are Tallef Danielson, Anne Serine Osalvsdr,Olaus Tallefson, Karen Kristendatter Sando. I believe these people were from Oyestad, Aust-Ager or Adger, Norway. Does this fit with anyone's family information?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions