Ancestry

Search for content in message boards

Thomas Cutler, b ca 1799 Virginia

Thomas Cutler, b ca 1799 Virginia

Posted: 3 Feb 2012 11:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cutler, Fitzhugh, Cocke
Seeking the parents and siblings of my 3rd great-grandfather Thomas Cutler (born ca 1799 in Virginia, died July 1849 in Miami County, Ohio).

On 12 September 1826 in Fayette County, Ohio, he married Jane Fitzhugh (b ca 1807 in Virginia, died July 1849 in Miami County, Ohio.) Jane was the daughter of William Fitzhugh and Elizabeth Catesby Cocke, who were married 5 July 1793 in Northumberland County, Virginia.

Both Jane and Thomas, as well as their 3 youngest daughters died in a cholera epidemic.

I'm hoping somebody with Virginia Cutlers might have an "unattached" Thomas Cutler who could possibly be my ancestor.

Any hints and clues greatly appreciated!
Ruth Ann

Re: Thomas Cutler, b ca 1799 Virginia

Posted: 20 Dec 2015 5:28PM GMT
Ruth Ann,

I replied to your earlier post to see if you had any information on the parentage of your Thomas Cutler. See that post for particulars. I am also looking for a Jane Cutler but she is a generation before your Thomas so may be an aunt.

I am attaching some files with Virginia Cutler information which I hope will be helpful for you.

Randolph Stilson
Attachments:

Re: Thomas Cutler, b ca 1799 Virginia

Posted: 3 Jan 2016 12:25AM GMT
Hi Randolph, I'm sorry to say that I have no further information on my Thomas Cutler, There is only one source that says he and his wife were born in Virginia, and that is the 1850 Mortality Schedule. Thomas and his wife Jane Fitzhugh Cutler, along with three of their daughters died in 1849 in a cholera epidemic.

They were survived by 4 daughters, the eldest of whom was 20, and the youngest 9.
Their mother had apparently regaled the girls with stories of her illustrious Fitzhugh family, because my great-aunt heard the stories from Jane's daughter Mary Ellen. But alas, there were no stories of Thomas Cutler's family passed down through the family.

Jane Fitzhugh Cutler's parents were married in Northumberland County, Virginia, but I don't know Jane's county of birth.

Thank you so much for the Virginia Cutler files. I had very little information on Virginia Cutlers, so I'm hoping that your information will be of help in tracking my Thomas.

Keep in touch, and maybe someday we'll find our Cutlers!

Ruth Ann

per page

Find a board about a specific topic