Search for content in message boards

James Herron 1820PA -1900GA wife Lelitia E. McKissen

James Herron 1820PA -1900GA wife Lelitia E. McKissen

Posted: 10 Dec 2002 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Herron, McKissen, Smith
Interested in James & Lelitia Herron's children: Eliza Jane, Melissa M., Ellen Patterson, Minerva, Florinda H., Robert McKissen, Hugh James, Myrtle, George W., John, Edda. I am also interested in James Herrons parents James & Sara (Smith) Herron in Pa.

Re: James Herron 1820PA -1900GA wife Lelitia E. McKissen

Greg Speer (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2003 1:48AM GMT
Surnames: McKissen, Patterson, Speer, Herron
I'm researching John C. Speer and Nancy Patterson. They moved from Westmoreland County, PA (just across the river from Apollo, Armstrong County, PA) to Blue Grass, Scott County, Iowa about 1867. Nancy Patterson was Letitia's aunt. Letitia's father, Robert McKissen, was a physican, merchant and the first mayor of Apollo. Do you know when the McKissen's or the Herron's moved to Iowa? How about when the Herron's moved to Georgia?

Posted: 19 Jun 2003 3:36PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2005 10:09PM GMT
Hi! Greg, I have looked into my families old letters to answer your questions on when McKissen's and Herron's move to Iowa or to Georgia but I didn't find the answers. I would like to exchange Group Sheets with you on the Pattersons, and Herrons and a Group Sheet on John C. Speer and Nancy Patterson. Sorry I took so long in answering. Gaylin C.

Greg Speer (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 2003 1:55AM GMT
From census data, the James Herron family is in Blue Grass, Iowa in 1860 where he is listed as a farmer. From marriage records for their children, it looks like they spent most of that decade in Iowa. In the 1880 census, James Herron is in Dalton, Georgia, listed as a merchant, but the Hugh Skiles family is still in Iowa, listed as a grocer. You can email me, gregoryspeer@worldnet.att.net.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions