Search for content in message boards

JUDDs of Margaret Roding area, Essex, England

JUDDs of Margaret Roding area, Essex, England

Posted: 21 Jul 2003 9:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Aug 2003 4:46AM GMT
Surnames: Judd, Flack, Oddy, Simson, Randall, Brown, Peacock
I've been using the LDS International Genealogical Records to help find a little more information on the JUDD branch of my family.

The following is what I have found. Can anyone find any connections?

My 7th G Grandfather was:

Daniel Judd who married Elizabeth Flack on 1 Dec 1713 in Margaret Roding, Essex

Children of Daniel & Elizabeth:
i. Mr Thomas Judd was christened on 5 Sep 1714 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

ii. Mr Daniel Judd was christened on 19 Aug 1716.

iii. Mr George Judd was christened on 12 Oct 1718 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iv. Mr John Judd was christened on 4 Dec 1720. He died in Aug 1753.

v. Miss Lydia Judd was christened on 28 Oct 1722 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

vi. Miss Mary Judd was christened on 26 Jan 1723 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

vii. Miss Sarah Judd was christened on 4 Apr 1725 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

viii. Mr James Judd was christened on 15 Mar 1726 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

=====
THOMAS JUDD

I believe this is Thomas Judd born 1714's family

Thomas Judd married Miss Elizabeth

They had the following children:

i. Mr Thomas Judd was christened on 28 May 1738 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

ii. Mr Daniel Judd was christened in 1741 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.
( Daniel's Mother was listed as Unknown and father as Thomas )

iii. Mr John Judd was christened on 8 Apr 1744 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iv. Mr Edward Judd was christened on 9 Mar 1745 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

v. Miss Mary Judd was christened on 3 Apr 1748 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.
vi. Miss Jamima Judd was christened on 28 Oct 1750 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. She died on 11 Jun 1751.
vii. Mr James Judd was christened on 21 Jul 1754 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

====
DANIEL JUDD

I am uncertain if these Daniels are the same or different people. Either could be Daniel son of Daniel and Elizabeth.

Daniel married Miss Mary?

i. Mr James Judd was christened on 18 Jun 1738 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He died on 23 Jun 1738.

Daniel married Miss Margaret Oddy on 20 Oct 1746 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.
=====
JOHN JUDD (my 6th G Grandfather)

Mr John Judd was born in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He was christened on 4 Dec 1720 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He died in Aug 1753 in England.

John married Miss Mary Simson on 3 Nov 1744 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. Mary was born about 1720 in England. She died in England.

i. Mr William Judd was christened on 20 May 1745. He died in May 1797.

ii. Mr James Judd was christened on 22 Nov 1747 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iii. Mr John Judd was christened on 17 Mar 1754 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.
======

WILLIAM JUDD (My 5th G Grandfather)

Mr William Judd was born in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He was christened on 20 May 1745 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He died in May 1797.

William married Miss Margaret about 1764. Margaret was born about 1745 in Essex, England.

i. Miss Elizabeth Judd was christened on 20 Sep 1767.

ii. Mr William Judd was christened on 21 Jan 1770 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iii. Miss Margarett Judd was christened on 21 Jun 1772 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iv. Miss Ann Judd was born on 8 Jul 1775. She was christened on 16 Jul 1775 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

v. Miss Susanna Judd was christened on 9 Aug 1778 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

vi. Mr John Judd was christened on 29 Dec 1782 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

=====

ELIZABETH JUDD (my 4th G Grandmother)

Miss Elizabeth Judd was christened on 20 Sep 1767 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

Elizabeth married Mr Edward Randall on 26 Aug 1792 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.. Edward was born about 1765 in Essex, England.

Edward and Elizabeth had the following children:

i. Miss Rebekah Randall was christened on 21 Sep 1794 in Good Easter, Essex, England.

ii. Mr John Randall was christened on 8 Jan 1797 in Good Easter, Essex, England.

iii. Miss Margaret Randel was christened on 24 Mar 1799 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.

iv. Mr Edward Randall ( My 3rd G Granfather) was born on 8 May 1801 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England.. He was christened on 21 Jun 1801 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England. He died on 28 Apr 1890 in Australia.
Edward married (1) Miss Mary Ann Brown daughter of Mr Adam Brown and Miss Ann Peacock on 18 May 1846 in Chelmsford, Essex, England.. Mary was born on 11 Aug 1816 in Southweald, Essex, England. She was christened on 11 Aug 1816 in Essex, England. She died on 5 Jul 1886 in Australia.
Edward is believed to have married 4 times.

v. Miss Susanna Randall was christened on 27 May 1804 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England..

vi. Mr Thomas Randall was christened on 20 Aug 1809 in Margaret Roding, Essex, England..

=====

Can anyone find a connection with this family?
I've been trying to work out where each JUDD fits into the tree and if anyone is related to any of these JUDDs any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

A.O'Brien,
Australia

Re: JUDDs of Margaret Roding area, Essex, England

Bill (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2004 6:04AM GMT
As a result of researching a different family in the roding area, I have come accross a few Judd references. The are mostly prior to the time frame of your data, but could prove helpful down the road. The following are all will abstracts:

Daniel Marshall of High Roding, yeoman 1668 45 MW 7
Son Sam; wife Mary; Mary wife of son Thos; Jn Mumford; Sarah dtr of Nathaniel Marshall of Good Easter decsd; Eliz dtr of Jn Marshall of Danbury decsd; dtrs chldr by Jn Judd; son Jn & his dtr Mary; son Nathaniel & his dtr Mary; son Jn exec; overs Francis Hill & Jn Judd; wtns Jms Wright & Geo Linsell
FHL 94776

John Brown of Great Dunmow, yeoman 126 MR 10
dtr Mary wife of Jn Cliff of Aythorp Roding yeo; grandchldr Rich & Ben Brown, Martha Noke & Mary Judd; son in law Henry Judd yeo; svt Eliz Sutton; exec grandson Dan Judd; wtns Jn Wyatt, Sam Bright & J Peacocke. Probated 1725

John Judde of parish of Much Canfield D/ABW 21/264
Sons John, Thomas and William; meadow called Stonell Meade; field called Frydayes; 3 children of Richard Green; one Sayer of Thaxted, butcher; Priscilla Judde; poor of Much Canfield; wife Dorathie; godchildren [not named]. Witnesses: Christopher Beard (mark), John Remyngton. Written 14 Apr 1613. Proved 27 May 1613.

William Neale of Great Canfield, shoemaker 30 BR 12
chldr of son Sam; land in Great Dunmow in tenure of Wlm Pettitt to son Wlm; execs wife Sarah & son Wlm; wtns Thos Wheeler & Wlm Judd. Probated 1686

Hopes this helps, Bill
Posted: 26 Apr 2004 11:09AM GMT
Surnames: Judd
Hi,
They may come in handy.
Thanks for that :-)

A. O'Brien,
Australia

David Judd (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2004 8:18PM GMT
I have received an email from a Linda Elliott who is researching Judd family in Essex and would like to get in touch with you, I do not have your email but her email address is LindaGElliott@aol.com
Could you get in touch with her, I will advise her that I have posted a message on Ancestry.com

many thanks David Judd

Frances Steele (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2004 5:07PM GMT
My Judds start with Susan Judd in Abbess Roding, Essex, 1815. Any known connection?

Posted: 9 Dec 2004 1:23AM GMT
Hi,
I think there probably is a connection between these JUDDs.

Is 1815 Susan's birth or marriage date? Do you know her parents names?

I have an Susanna in my tree Christened 1778. I think your Susan is very lkely to be a cousin.

I have a lot more to do on my Judd tree. Most of my Judds are found on the IGI, but I still have to look at the Parish Registers.

Regards,
A. O'Brien,
Australia

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 11:12PM GMT
I have a connection. My GGGGG Grandfather was Edward Judd baptised 9-3-1745 in Margaret Roding, Essex.
E-mail me direct if you wish.
Sandra.

Posted: 9 Aug 2009 11:17AM GMT
Surnames: Judd and Randalls of Margaret Roding, Essex.
Hi, just read your connection to the Randall family. I was actually looking at the village of Margaret Roding, as my ex- husband is a descendant of Edward Randall who married Elizabeth Judd.

He has a very well researched history of the family in Aust, but I offered to research Edward's past in Essex, hence I came across your message, and found it very interesting.
If you want to know more of make contact with my ex, Ron Randall, just email me direct : darjohn@westnet.com.au

Posted: 16 Sep 2012 5:44AM GMT
I realize this thread is old, but I am desperately seeking info on the Judd ancestry. Judith Judd born about 1795 possibly in swaffham Norfolk England. She first married a John Woodcock In 1820. There is evidence they had a child who died quite young and soon before or after his father. She then married an Edward Drewry in 1826. They had several children. She died between 1837 and 1841. Please let me know of any possible connection to this family of Judd.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic