Search for content in message boards

WISE, BOTKIN

WISE, BOTKIN

P. Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for more information on Thomas Wise, he married Sarah Adalaid Botkin in this county July 25, 1850.
Was either of these families living in this county at the time or did they just come here to get married? Would like to find out as much information as possible.
Need everyone's help with this.
Thank you

Wise-Botkin connection

Bill Bodkin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WISE, BOTKIN
There is a connection between the BOTKIN and WISE families earlier. The will of James BODKIN (dated 8-18-1804) mentions daughter Betsy BODKIN married Richard WISE 5-25-1799 in Clark CO. KY. There were 5 male heirs. Hope this helps.

Wise Botkin lines

Pam R (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wise, Botkin, Bodkin
Do you have any connection with this group of people from Clark Co., Ky.
I am interested in anything that you might have. There is so much out there and I don't know what is true and what isn't concerning the Botkin line.
The Wise line is a lot harder for me. Do you have anymore iformation on that family. I would appreciate any help that you could give me.
You can e-mail me directely at
tobyman@bright.net
Thank you
Pam

James Botkin 1804 will

Terry Chevako Bava (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bodkin, Botkin
I am pursuing a theory that my James Bodkin d. 1828-29 in Mercer Co., OH came from Clark Co., KY and was the son of James Botkin of the 1804 will. I would very much like a cop or transcript of this will.
My James married Margaret, who may also have been a Bodkin, and they had six kids: William b. abt. 1793 VA, Betsy, Delilah, Jane, Eleanor and James b. 1811. Any leads appreciated.

Betsy Bodkin

Terry Chevako Bava (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bodkin, Botkin
I'm trying to figure out my Bodkin/Botkin line in Mercer and Auglaize Counties, Ohio. I think my James who d. 1828-29 Mercer Co. could have been a son of James of the 1804 will. James d. 1829 and wife Margaret had a daughter Betsy Bodkin "now intermarried with Charles Smith, Junior." Any connection?

Betsy Bodkin

AngieDraper (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Bodkins
Betsy Bodkin who married Richard Wise 5/25/1799 is your James's sister. according to my info and according to James Sr. 1804's will.(specifically has the Wise surname)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions