Search for content in message boards

Fullertons - Brooklyn NY

Fullertons - Brooklyn NY

Posted: 16 Jan 2008 2:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fullerton
I am looking for information on the family of John Fullerton (born abt. 1836), who resided in Brooklyn with his wife Monica, and/or on any of their children:

Mary, John, Martha, Dominick, Daniel, Monica, James, Francis, Albert, and Agnes,

and/or their children's families.

Thank you!

Re: Fullertons - Brooklyn NY

Posted: 31 Aug 2008 10:56PM GMT
John C. Fullerton was born at sea on the way over from Ireland in 1836. He married Monica Langton (born in Dublin).
He is buried in Holy Cross Cemetery in Brooklyn. I have the birth dattes of their 10 children. Their fifth child, Dominick W. was my grandfather who married Anna Cassidy approxmately 1897. they had nine children. The fourth son Daniel was an undertaker in Canarsie, married at the age of 50 and had two children (from my sources). Please reply as this is a definite match.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 3:17AM GMT
We're probably related! my great-grandfather was Daniel - my mother Mabel Fullerton La Vine. Do you know anything about Nelly(Ellen) Reilly Fullerton? I have some informatiion.

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 3:24AM GMT
this was my grandfather! he had 5 kids - daniel, Helen, James, Edward and Mabel(my Mom). please respond. Who are you?

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 3:31AM GMT
My grandfather was Daniel Fullerton proprietor of Fullerton Funeral Home in Canarsie - Brooklin, NY don't believe he married at age 50. He had 5 kids including my mom, Mabel, Born in 1906. Please respond - maybe we can talk via the old fashioned telephone

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:26AM GMT
I was aware of two children, James and Edward but did not know about Daniel, Helen and Mabel. From what I know Daniel was a volunteer fireman and funeral director who died in 2005 of Pancreatic Cancer. Is this a relative??My cousin lives on Long Island and apparently was aware of, or met, Daniel....Isn't is a small world? I now live in California but grew up in Queens, NY where many of the Fullertons were from (in addition to Brooklyn). I am anxious to also know of your ties..we may be relatives....wow!!

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:40AM GMT
This is interesting since I have received another inquiry on the community bulletin board about a Mabel Fullerton (see kindredfolk on this bulletin board). My relative from what I can gather was Daniel Fullerton 1871-1942 who was an undertaker in Canarsie and apparently had five children: james, Edward, Daniel,Helen,and Mabel. I do not know anything about the la Vine or Reilly lineage..sorry.. keep in touch... oould prove very interesting!

Posted: 13 Sep 2008 4:49AM GMT
Just re=read your message and it sounds exciting that we may be related..the joy of this community bulletin board. You may be interested that Danile's father, John was married to Monica Langton. He was born on the ship coming over from Irelan in 1835 and they had ten children: Mary, John J. Martin, Daniel, Dominick W., Monica, James E. Francis, Albert and Agnes. My mother, Josephine, was the daughter of Dominick and Anna Cassidy. An interesting family as we delve deeper. Any information you may have would only add to the discovery.! I am now living in Ca but am available on "snail mail" or telephone. Keep in touch if you think it is relevant.

Posted: 15 Sep 2008 8:51PM GMT
From looking at all you have sent, I would think that we are cousins, far removed, in that your grandfather, Daniel, and my grandfather, Dominick were brothers. Isn't this exciting!! We probaably should talk. I am thinking about opening up my family tree to you so that you can see what I have discovered. It's getting to be a big tree! Keep in touch

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Fullerton
My grandfather was Dominic Fullerton, son of John C Fullerton and Monica Fullerton. My Father was William H. Fullerton. I think we are related. I have been researching our family and have been able to trace them to the early 1800s.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic