Search for content in message boards

Jesus Garcia

Jesus Garcia

Heather King (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 2000 4:11PM GMT
Hello there,
I am looking for Information on Jesus Garcia 1832-1916. He was born in state of Sonora, Mexico. At 13 he left home for California and after a few years settled in the area that is now Merritt, BC, Canada, in the Nicola Valley. He settled there in 1871 with wife Mary Kroventko, 1836-1932. They had 14 children but only 5 were still alive in 1916, Mary Garcia King, Eleanor Garcia Bernard,Sarah Garcia Lindley Burns Alvarez,Frank Garcia and Johnny Garcia. Three of the other children were Louisa 1876-1897, Jesus Jr. and Gregorio.
The info I am looking for is the info on Jesus' parents, brothers, and sisters. If anyone can help please e-mail me at hdking71@hotmail.com Sincerely Heather King

Jesus Garcia.

Posted: 4 Mar 2001 10:11AM GMT
Edited: 12 Aug 2002 1:51AM GMT
I was so excited to see your message. jesus garcia is, we think my husbands gr.grandfather. Edna Garcia was his grandmother and is from Merritt. I think her father was Jesus Jr. Do you have any information to share- I can share what little I have. Jean Williams- Drayton Valley, Alberta Canada

Jesus Garcia

Heather king (View posts)
Posted: 4 Mar 2001 12:37PM GMT
To Jean Williams,
I have quite a bit of information on Jesus' family but nothing of his ancestors. Jesus would be my husbands g-g-g-grandfather. I am more than willing to share my information. you can send me an e-mail at hdking71@hotmail.com and I will contact you from that. Sincerely, Heather King

Re: Jesus Garcia

Posted: 14 Apr 2011 12:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello!

Jesus Garcia was my G.G.Grandfather. I, like you, don't have anything on his ancestors. I notice your post was a long time ago. Did you find anything else? My e-mail is bradleydell@hotmail.com.

regards,
Brad

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:08AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Garcia/ McDougall
Hello Heather King,
I just stumbled onto this site while trying to research the origins of the name Kroventko, Mary Kroventko is my great great grandmother who was married to Jesus Garcia.
I will keep this short as I don't know if you are still using ancestry com
I have an extensive genealogy but nothing about Jesus Garcia's parents. I am not a mormon but the mormon church has the best genealogies in the world and they allow people who are not associated with their church to use their genealogical libraries, you may find this information there. If I can help please feel free email me at jetlag700@hotmail.com sincerely Donna Campbell
Angus Garcia is my mother's mother who was married to Joseph David McDougall. I have an extensive genealogy in my possession regarding the Garcia family, but nothing dating back before Jesus Garcia born in Sonora Mexico.
The name King and Voight shows up on my genealogy as well.

Re: Jesus Garcia.

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:24AM GMT
Surnames: Garcia, Kroventko and chief Humsinna,
You will get a great deal of genealogical information from an article called The Garcia Story published by the Nicola Valley Historical Quarterly May 1984. I have the article, but I am missing several pages of it. My aunt Fay Grimshire who is the daughter of Agnus Garcia and Joseph David McDougall has a complete copy of this article, and is going to mail it to me in the next few weeks. My relationship to Jesus Garcia goes like this Jesus Garcia, his son Frank Garcia, Frank's daughter Agnus, my mother Glory Shirley Marie McDougall.
Jesus my great great grandfather, Frank my great grandfather, Agnus my grandmother, Shirley my mother. I live in Edmonton Alberta.
You may also find this interesting, look up chief Humsinna, he was the father of Mary Kroventko of Spuzzum.
There is also a book available about the history of spuzzum where Mary Kroventko and her indian chief father are mentioned, and so is Jesus Garcia.
please feel free to email me at jetlag700@hotmail.com

Posted: 21 Jan 2013 9:28AM GMT
I haven't found anything either, but you might try the mormon church genealogy library, they allow the public to access their libraries. No I am not a mormon but I had mormon in laws and mormons have the best genealogical information in the world as this is the whole crux of their religion.
Jesus Garcia was my great great grandfather too, and it would be interesting to find other distant relatives like you. This whole thing is interesting.
please feel free to email me at jetlag700@hotmail.com
sincerely Donna .

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 8:08PM GMT
Jesus Garcia was my late husband's (J. Delbert Mikkelsen) great grandfather. Delbert's mother was Annie Laura King- Hayes-Mikkelsen her father was Delbert King and her mother was Mary Garcia (Jesus's daughter).
I just found out that Jesus and his wife Mary had 14 childdren
I have started doing the family history for the grand children and found the names of Jesus's parents.Father: Emmineul Garcia Delpino, Mother: Damiana Revera. Any other info would be great. Thanks
Regards, Carol Mikkelsen

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 1:53AM GMT
I have been unable to find any information on Jesus so your reply is very important. I do have some information to share if you are interested. Please e mail me at ajwill@telusplanet.net

Jean Williams

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 2:29PM GMT
Donna, I replied to you on your personal e mail. Please let meknow if you didn't receive it. Jean Williams @ ajwill@telusplanet.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic