Search for content in message boards

Thomas Porter, Edwin Porter, Virginia

Thomas Porter, Edwin Porter, Virginia

Posted: 26 Sep 2008 10:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Porter Mauzy
I am trying to locate more information on Thomas' son Thomas (Jr.) Currently Thomas Sr. is registered as a DAR Patriot in the Revolutionary War under his son Edwin (Thomas Jr's brother.)

PORTER, THOMAS
Ancestor #: A091312
Service: VIRGINIA Rank: CAPTAIN
Birth: 1734 ISLE OF WIGHT CO VIRGINIA
Death: 1799 CAMPBELL CO VIRGINIA
Service Description:
1) ALSO SGT, COL TAYLOR, VA LINE

Thomas Jr. married Susanna Porter (unsure of her maiden name)
They had a daughter Sarah "Sally" Porter that married my GGG Grandfather John Anderson.

I am looking to locate where Thomas Jr. was buried or what county his will, birth, or death certificate might be in. I don't have concrete birth or death dates either.

ANY help is greatly appreciated.

Re: Thomas Porter, Edwin Porter, Virginia

Posted: 27 Sep 2008 10:38AM GMT
Surnames: Porter
I don't know if I will be of any help to you. I have traced my Porters (specifically Charles Porter) back to Isle of Wight, Va. Charles, b ca 1680, d. 1734. This Chs. had a son named Thomas (b. ca 1715)....he had a son Thomas (b ca 1738), and he had a son Thomas (I have no birthdate). Thomas #2's wife, named in will, was "Julan." My info stops with the last Thomas. This may not be your line, but interesting that there were all these Porters in Isle of Wight at that time. I bet there's a connection.
Glenna

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 5:01PM GMT
Edwin is my ancestor. You are my cousin. I have too much info to post.

Contact me at TEbeL2888@aol.com

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 5:04PM GMT
Thomas PORTER, Sr. d 1799 Fauquier Co., Va--not Campbell Co., KY--I have a transcribed copy of his will

Thomas, Jr. m Susannah "Sukey" PORTER, his first cousin and dau of Samuel PORTER and Eva WEAVER(Tillman of Germanna)

Posted: 26 Nov 2008 5:07PM GMT
Thomas PORTER, Sr. d 1799 Fauquier Co., Va--not Campbell Co., KY--I have a transcribed copy of his will

Thomas, Jr. m Susannah "Sukey" PORTER, his first cousin and dau of Samuel PORTER and Eva WEAVER(Tillman of Germanna)

Posted: 27 Nov 2008 10:27PM GMT
Does your database have anything on Hannah Porter(my ancestor), dau. of Thomas Porter, Sr., who married Thomas Jackman? Do you have anything on Thomas Sr.'s parents, grandparents?

Gary Conwell

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 7:28PM GMT
Hello.Hoping your still available.We are also following line of Edwin Porter through William and Sarah Richardson,Porter of MO.We have copy of Edwins marriage to Polly Mauzy.Also Edwins will and copy of Thomas Porter's will of Virginia.We are interested in finding where Edwin and Polly are buried.Would you happen to know?Would appreciate any other information you could share.

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 12:04AM GMT
Too much to post. The short answer is "somewhere in Barren Co., KY", maybe Russellville. William PORTER and Sarah "Sally" RICHARDSON are my 2nd grt granparents. Please contact me. You are welcome to my info.

TEbeL2888@aol.com

Posted: 1 Jul 2011 4:23PM GMT
Have you found info on Thomas Porter Jr.? I have a paper that I need help with, Maybe you can help? Contact sgmoon66@yahoo.com. I am following Edwin d-1841Ky., to father Thomas d-1799 Va. also

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 5:58PM GMT
You have my same line of PORTER. I am also a HACKLEY desc.

Please contact me
TEbeL2888@aol.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions