Search for content in message boards

Effie Elizabeth Mesey Dodd (nee Caine)

Effie Elizabeth Mesey Dodd (nee Caine)

Posted: 4 Mar 2002 2:40PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Dodd, Caine, Polete, Mesey, Ray, Ketchum, Rawson, Jackson, Jolly
[Lead Belt news/March 3, 1977] -
EFFIE MESEY DODD --
Effie Elizabeth Mesey Dodd of Paducah, Kentucky, formerly of Bonne Terre died March 22, 1977 at the age of 80 years. She was born February 20, 1897 in Anthony Mills, Missouri, a daughter of the late Lee and Mary (Polete) Caine.

Surviving are: her husband, Turner Dodd of Paducah, Kentucky; two sons, Vernelle Mesey of Little Rock, Arkansas and Leonard Mesey of Illinois; four daughters, Bonnie (Mrs. Robert) Ray of Paducah, Kentucky, Florence (Mrs. Thurman) Ketchum of Bonne Terre, Ann (Mrs. Thomas) Rawson of DeSoto and May (Mrs. David) Jackson of Cadet; one sister, Irene Jolly of Mineral Point; thirty-three grandchildren and fifty great-grandchildren.

Funeral services were held Saturday, March 26, 2:00 p.m. at the Sparks Chapel in Bonne Terre with Rev. Everett Berry officiating. Interment was in Bonne Terre Cemetery under the direction of Dale Sparks Funeral Home in Bonne Terre.

Brenda Drier nee Mesey

Posted: 26 Apr 2002 9:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Jul 2002 6:39PM GMT
Surnames: Mesey, Cantrell, Drier, West, Pritchard, Luzynski, Sailing, Andresen, McCance
Brenda was born December 13, 1952 to Mary Mesey nee Cantrell and Roscoe "Kid" Mesey Brenda married John A Drier July 11,1971. They had one child Tara L Drier. Brenda has one grandchild Hannah M West age 5. Brenda Died April 1, 1993 of brain anorism. Brenda has 13 siblings Jackie Mesey of St. Louis, Carol Pritchard of Carrollton Tx., Roscoe "Rocky" Mesey of St.Clair,Mo., TAffy Messex of Union,Mo., Kim Luzynski of Sullivan,Mo. Barry Mesey of Washington,Mo. Danny Mesey of Sullivan, Mike Mesey of Union, Dorothy Sailing of Edgar Srings Mo.,
Charles E. Mesey died in 96, Everett C Mesey died in 96
MaryAnn Andresen Died in 98 Janice McCance died in 86
Brenda passed away in San Diego Calif. MaryAnn passed away in Freemont Ca the rest in MO

Re: Brenda Drier nee Mesey

Posted: 17 May 2002 1:40AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2005 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell, Mesey
Hi I'm a cousin. I'm Jackie (and the rest of the kids cousin). Samual was my granddad. My dad was Everett. My mother is still alive and living in Kansas City at the masonic home. She will be 89 this year and very alert and active. She moved here with us about 4 years ago. We have lots of pictures and good memories of all the kids. Mary ann lived with us for a summer in St. Louis. Lots of stories of all kinds we had a lot of fun in the 60's in St. Clair. Tell Jackie I said hello . Mom has written down a lot of information. I remember grandpa samuel and grandma anne living with us. Mom can tell stories about Jackies mom (Aunt Mary as a little kid )

Posted: 17 May 2002 1:53AM GMT
Edited: 24 Aug 2005 9:58PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell, Benton, Mesey
Brenda I forgot to tell you grandpa's Dad was Marmaduke Cantrell ( I have pictures of him and grandpa together) He was shot in the leg by an angry neighbor after a fight. The neighbor would let his hogs into Marmadukes corn patch to feed. Marmaduke took one of the pigs and kept it. The neighbor shot him in the leg. An infection developed and he died. Mildred (my mom) can tell you where he is buried even without a marker. My dad was the second son born to Samual and Annie (Benton) "Andy" Andrew died as an infant and is buried in an unmarked grave next to My grandparents at Mineral Point (Mary Mesey is buried on one side)

Posted: 23 Feb 2003 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Cantrell
Sandy, this is your cousin Sharon. 2 questions Who is asking about Brenda (Dryer) Mesey our cousin? I am trying to find info on Marmadukes mom and dad, can you help me

Re: Effie Elizabeth Mesey Dodd (nee Caine)

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 9:28PM GMT
Effie last husband Turner Dodddied in Flordia some years ago. He was my grandfather. Penny "Dodd" Looney
per page

Find a board about a specific topic