Search for content in message boards

Wajda / Chronowski

Wajda / Chronowski

Bill Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 11 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Aug 2003 12:21AM GMT
Surnames: Wajda, Chronowski
Seeking information about origin (southeast Poland?) of Wajda/Chronowski family. Emigrated to East Detroit early 1900s; had eight children; surname Anglicized to Vida and Wayde.

Chronowski

Bill Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chronowksi, Chronowska
My grandmother, Genevieve (Chronowska) Wajda, settled in Detroit/Wayne County, probably in the 1900s or 1910s. She and her husband, Josef Wajda, were probably from southeast Poland -- I have pictures mentioning the towns of Tarnow and Rzeszow. They had eight children, who changed the family name to the phonetic Vida and the anglicized Wayde.

I know that other members of my grandmother's Chronowski family members also lived in the Detroit area. My mother mentions her Uncle Joe Chronowski, who I believe owned a brewery and other businesses, and was fairly well to do.

I, too, am attempting to learn more about the exact places of origin of the Chronowksi (and Wajda) families. I have a large group picture that I believe includes Chronowski family members in Poland, which I will send separately.

If you are able to learn more, please think of me. Thanks.

Chronowski family!

Valeri Chronowski (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Chronowski
I would like to find imformation about the origins of my family ancestry.

Chronowski

Juanita (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
My family had a brewery in Hamtramck MI USA

Re: Chronowski

Posted: 5 Mar 2003 12:55AM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2004 8:28PM GMT
My grandfather, together with his half-brother , owned Auto City Brewing Co. in Hamtramck, Mi.

Re: Chronowski

Posted: 16 May 2010 9:32PM GMT
Edited: 17 May 2010 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Chronowski, Chronowska, Renosky
Hello,

I'm hoping we can help each other. My grandfather's name was JOSEPH CHRONOWSKI. He married MARY CHRONOWSKA (they were third cousins). They came from outside of Krackow Poland and immigrated to the United States sometime between 1909 and 1920. The name was changed to RENOSKY when they came over. They lived in Beyer/Sagamore, Pennsylvania.

I believe the people you had mentioned are related to my family. I am told that my Aunt (Anne Renosky) moved to Detroit to be near more of the family (Chronowski). She has since passed, so I'm stuck with trying to go beyond my grandparents and great-grandparents.

I have more information, and names of other relatives. I am not sure if this is part of the lineage you are looking for. I am guessing that it is. If so, I hope we can compare notes and find more information.

- Darlene (Renosky) Toffry

per page

Find a board about a specific topic