Search for content in message boards

Where is Nepeuskun in the 1910 census?

Where is Nepeuskun in the 1910 census?

Posted: 15 May 2004 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Babcock
I am looking for a Frank Babcock who was listed in the Ancestry.com 1910 Heads of Household Index as living in Nepeuskun, however, I cannot find Nepeuskun in the 1910 census for Winnebago. Places listed are Black Wolf, Clayton, Menasha city, Neenah city, Oshkosh, Other Towns (Algoma, part of Menasha, part of Neenah, Hospital for the Insane, and Winneconne), Poygan, Rushford, Utica, Vinland, Winchester, and Wolf River. Can anyone tell me which, if any, of these places might have the residents of Nepeuskun?
Thank you.

Re: Where is Nepeuskun in the 1910 census?

Janet Eiler (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2004 1:35AM GMT
Looks like ancestry has the 1910 a little mixed up.
In the Winnebago link click on Neenah, City of.
Then scroll down and you will see:
District 130 Neenah, City: Nepeuskun Town

You will find your Frank Babcock on Pg 29A or image number 15 in ancestry.

These townships are no where near each other as Nepeuskun is in the south western part of Winnebago County while Neenah is in the north eastern part.

Nepeuskun is bordered to the north by Rushford Twp, to the East by Utica Twp, to the south Fond du Lac County, and to the west by Green Lake County.

Thelma Heil (View posts)
Posted: 16 May 2004 2:18AM GMT
Surnames: Babcock
Janet,
I appreciate your help. Now I found Frank Babcock. Thank you very much.
Thelma

Posted: 4 Jul 2004 1:44AM GMT
Edited: 14 Aug 2004 8:56PM GMT
Janet:
I believe in the 1910 census, the towns and cities are, for the most part, listed in alphabetical order. That is why Nepeuskun follows Neenah.

Posted: 23 Mar 2013 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: Deyoe Mallory Seabury in Nepeuskun
Rush Lake, in Nepeuskun, Winnebago County? Assuming so, but Nepeuskun, is spelled about 6 different ways! Also, is or have the lines for the boundaries of this region changed over the years? as of 1850, have a land title, and wonder if it would convert to a current 2013 land description title? I am looking for James Deyoe of 1803, along with his father Peter Deyoe, DOB about 1782 with DOD of about 1876, in Winnebago County, living in the area with family after death of his wife in New York at about 1850, along with Deyoe, Mallory, & Seabury relatives in this region. If you have information/suggestions, good search engines-including websites, local resources or other, and/or have family links to these individuals please contact me. Pat turtles3kids3@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions