Search for content in message boards

Michael Mahoney of Cork>NY>OH

Michael Mahoney of Cork>NY>OH

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mahoney, Heller, Drdek
Looking for information on Michael Mahoney who married Anna and had four children: Dennis J., Nora, Mary, Patrick, all believe to have been born in Ireland.

Michael, Nora, and Dennis all immigrated to NY sometime after Nora's birth (1864). When Anna, Patrick, and Mary died is unknown, but it may have been in Ireland since Nora's grandchildren never heard them mentioned by name.

Michael, Nora and Dennis are believed to have lived in Lackawana NY for a period of time just prior to 1887, when Nora married Harry Heller and moved to Cleveland OH.

Michael and Dennis also moved to Cleveland, although it is not known when.

Dennis married Mary (May) Drdek in Cleveland. He died in Aug 16, 1951 in Cleveland.

Michael died 3/17/1914 in Cleveland.

Any information these people will be appreciated.

Re: Michael Mahoney of Cork>NY>OH

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 10:03PM GMT
i am despertly searching for relatives of geogre clarence mahoney born in clealand ohio in 1905. i do not know of parents names or if he had any brother and sisters please help if you can

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 2:32PM GMT
Wish I could help, but have no info on George Clarence Mahoney being related to our Michael Mahoney. Good luck.

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 7:24PM GMT
are you from ohio by any great chance if so if you dont mind you might be able to help me e mail me please if you can help my e address is bmsm1205@aol.com

Posted: 5 Jan 2002 9:00PM GMT
Have been looking for a Michael, spouse named Catherine Shayer, First name could start w/ K. There were a Dennis, Patrick, Nora and Mary. Mary never wed. Patrick was born in Cleveland in 1874, died in Lackawanna, NY 1910. Patrick married Mary Ellen Jones in Cleveland Nay 17,1893.

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jan 2002 3:41PM GMT
The similarities between your info and mine are intrigueing. Since my original posting we have learned that Dennis' death certificate says he was born in Cleveland and that his mother's name was Nancy. Don't know if this is incorrect info or if there were two spouses for Michael. Now, with your Catherine, we have a potential third name for a spouse. Hmmmm. Do you have birth or death dates for any of Patrick's siblings? Or any Cleveland addresses? I'm also interested in any Lackawana addresses. That way we could work that angle from this end also. Hopefully, we can find a connection!

William Mahoney (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 2:54AM GMT
Have been communicating with your sister Jackie. We have data on Patrick, including his death certificate. We also ahve data on his decendants. We only have Lackawanna addresses for Patrick's decendants. Have no information on any other family members having lived in the estern N.Y. area. My wife and I are preparing a package to send to Jackie which will include some of the data that we have. We do have a lot of data but a lot of it is on the immediate families and do not know if it would benefit or hinder our present gathering of data on Michael's family. When you see what we have and want any of it, we will be more thean happy to sent it to you. Stay in touch - Bill

Terry (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 1:15PM GMT
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it.

Posted: 6 Feb 2003 6:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mahoney
Was your Michael Mahoney born about 1822? Did he ever live in Niagara Falls, New York? Searching Michael and Mary (maiden name unknown) Mahoney family. He died before 1896. See my query posted 6 Feb 2003. Sincerely, Patricia Tharp
per page

Find a board about a specific topic