Search for content in message boards

Looking for birth record for Maria Dolan for Tauton, Mass.

Looking for birth record for Maria Dolan for Tauton, Mass.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: Dolan, Hubbard
I am trying to find if a bith certificate exists for a Maria Dolan born December 24, 1853. Born in Tauton, Mass. Parents: Patrick Dolan & Ellen Hubbard (Dolan)

Re: Looking for birth record for Maria Dolan for Tauton, Mass.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 10:28PM GMT
There could be a record, however this a very common name.

I looked at two possibilities in Taunton in the time period 1850-1855, neither are for yours.

Do you have the family located in the 1850 Census? Any other siblings born around the same time period?

You can search an index for vitals here: http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcsrch/VitalRecordsSearchCon...

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:44PM GMT
Surnames: Dolan
I am starting to see this is a common name.

As for a family location for 1850 I am unsure as of now. I am running into some mixed things with another member here on Ancestry.This person has much of the same family with a Mary Jane Dolan from Tauton, Mass. for 1850. There dates and the dates I found are different for her. But the family they have listed under Patrick & Ellen Dolan match...even with dates.
I have some old family photos, diaries etc that list most of the people with some dates so it's very confusing. Hopefully something will pan out soon.

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 11:10PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2011 7:56PM GMT
Hmmm, when I went in and looked at Dolans born in 1853 in Taunton one particular one caught my eye...Mary Ellen Dolan. Reason being Ellen was her mothers name?
This gets so confusing!

Posted: 10 Jan 2011 11:23PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:45PM GMT
mass vital records to 1850

1849 DOLAN: Mary Jane, d. Patrick, laborer, and Ellen, June 11, 1849, in T.

also found in mass vital records 1841-1910

Mary Jane Dolan
Vol.34: Pg.204 Birth june 11 1849
Taunton, MA

parents Patrick & Ellen Dolan born in Ireland

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 3:39AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:46PM GMT
I believe this is a sister to the Maria I am looking for. In Census records later on she appears while mine disappears. I have been in contact with someone doing research for the Mary Jane Dolan June 11, 1849 in Taunton, Mass. and we have pretty much the same people just missing each others person.
I have many old family things like photos, diaries, birthdate books and they are mentioned in that. I just need that birth record.

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 5:29AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:46PM GMT
Maybe looking at her marriage record first will lend a clue to her place of birth. Do you know who she married and when?

The record for Mary Ellen b 1853 in Taunton was one I looked at, and not of the parents you listed.

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 5:32AM GMT
familysearch.org now has the images of records for Massachusetts BMD, I'm not sure how complete it is, but you may want to give your a search a go there.

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ratchford, Dolan
Thanks. I have yet to find a marriage record. But will continue to look. This is still fairly new to me so a bit challenging.
I took a photo from the date book that says the date and info (going to attach it here)

April 23, 1876 Thomas Ratchford married Maria Dolan at Immaculate Conception Church, Fairbault, Minnesota

I will go see again if there is anything?!?!

Posted: 11 Jan 2011 4:09PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jan 2011 10:48PM GMT
Surnames: Ratchford, Dolan
that should read Faribault, Minn.

I found on familysearch.org the Marriage record but it's nearly blank. Going to see what else I can find

Oh and here's that photo i forgot to add
Attachments:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic