Mudie

Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 10:07PM GMT
Surnames: Simmelkjaer

There are still Simmelkjaers in St. Croix

340-773-0309 David
340-773-4986 Verona

The New York Post newspaper had an article on a St. Croix Simmelkjaer living in New York City several years ago his bank accidentally deposited several hundred thousand into his account that should not have been there. His comment was that he was thinking of charging them $1000 a day for inconvenience.

Mudie

Finn Jelstrup (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Mudie, Jelstrup, Simmelkj�r
Researching Frances Mudie about 1840-1870
Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jan 2004 5:42PM GMT
There is book on the Mudie family at the landmark society at Whim in St.Criox. the librarian's name is Carol Wakefield,and the e-mail address is landmark@viacess.net, if that address is incorrect put an s at the end of landmark.

Re: Simmelkjaer

mara simmelkjaer (View posts)
Posted: 9 Nov 2001 1:13AM GMT
Hi, the article in the new york post was about my uncle Eddie Simmelkjaer. I live in New Jersey, U.S. , and have been tracing my roots for about a year. i am interested to know who is looking for the Simmelkjaer family. i have all the answers, so please contact me. i look forward to comparing research with you. I have tracked the Simmelkjaer family beginning (origin) to Denmark. We are from a town and lived near a lake called Simmel and were caretakers of a small type of sheep or lamb caled a kare or kjaer. That is the origin of the Simmelkjaer name. I am using a friend's e-mail address temporarily, but feel free to respond and send me mail. i will definately be looking for your reply. Thank You again.
Mara Simmelkjaer.NewJersey/U.S.A.

Finn Jelstrup (View posts)
Posted: 16 Nov 2001 7:02AM GMT
Surnames: Simmelkjaer, Jelstrup
Hi Mara,
(this is a copy of an email that bounced from trushalia@msn.com)

Got your submission to the St. Croix list.
My reason for tracing Simmelkjær is that my great grand father must have been friendly with someone called A: Simmelkjær, since he is being listed as a witness to the christening of my great grand father's son, Christian Mudie Jelstrup 7 Nov 1869 in Christianssted, Sct. Croix.
I hope to find out more about Knud Lauritz Jelstrup, my ggfathers bussiness in the Danish Westindies. He married Francis Harriet Mudie 5 Jun 1867 in Saint John, Christiansted. I also want to find out about her maybe Scottish roots.
I was in contact with mrs. Birgit Simmelkjær (I think that was her name) a couple of years ago - I will have to dig out the notes from then. She is researching the danish Simmelkjær.
At the moment (november 2001) there are 55 Simmelkjær's in Denmark and there are 8 places called Simmel-something hereof 3 Simmelkær, all in Ørre parish.
If you have anything about mr, A. Simmelkjær's whereabouts in 1869, I would be pleased to receive it.

Regards,
Finn Jelstrup,
Denmark
mailto:fiu@kmd.dk
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 1:27PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2002 3:09PM GMT
Surnames: Mudie
I have a Frances Mudie (possible Frances Wallace Milanie Mudie) who married my gggg grandfather Charles Forbes in 1850s. Daughter Grace Abercromby-Forbes Forbes b 1853.

Posted: 8 Mar 2003 3:46AM GMT
hello Finn Jelstrup, my new email address is msmaras@aol.com in case you have any new info on the Simmelkjaer family. I've narrowed my search to Lemvig, Denmark. Thank you for your help.
Mara Simmelkjaer, NJ USA

Posted: 30 Sep 2009 1:52PM GMT
Surnames: Simmelkjaer
Hello -- my name is Rob Simmelkjaer. I am an American living in New York City. i just wanted to let other Simmelkjaers know that I am making my first-ever trip to Denmark this week and plan to meet some people names Simmelkjaer while I am there, and perhaps even go to the town called Simmelkjaer in the Jutland. I am looking forward to it!

Posted: 5 Dec 2011 4:32PM GMT
Surnames: Mudie, Jelstrup
New e-mail address:
finn@fgj.dk

Posted: 17 Jan 2012 3:56PM GMT
Hey its Riemel, email me at riemel40@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic