Search for content in message boards

William Tierney

William Tierney

Posted: 10 Jul 2012 2:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tierney, Langan
Looking for any information on William Tierney, baptised in Aughagower parish, County Mayo, Ireland on 11 Aug 1830. Parents Felix and Mary Tierney, sponsors Owen and Margaret Langan. Felix and Mary were from the townland of Meneen. I know William had three brothers, Thomas, Charles and Michael. They all went to US. Don't know if William did as well, stayed in Ireland, died in the famine....any info appreciated!

Re: William Tierney

Posted: 1 Aug 2012 9:58AM GMT
Edited: 1 Aug 2012 10:02AM GMT
Surnames: Tierney
My father was also William Tierney born 1905' in Australia. His family came from Mayo . I don't know if this is of any help . Dads father was John Martin Felix Tierney and he was also born in Australia . I am having trouble finding his father.Dad died eight years ago at the age 99. He used to tell me stories about his grandparents from Ireland. And that they left because of the potato famine. Please respond if you can help

K

Re: William Tierney

Posted: 9 Aug 2012 7:26PM GMT
Edited: 9 Aug 2012 8:13PM GMT
Surnames: Tierney
I don't know if there is any connection. We just recently discovered "our" William Tierney even existed. We don't know if he came to the US, following his brothers, stayed in Ireland, or went elsewhere. Felix is not a common name in the Tierney line, as far as we can tell. There is a Felix Tierney from Co Armagh of NI, who you can find in Griffiths Valuation, among other things. We don't know if our Felix is related to that one, or not.

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions