Search for content in message boards

Mary Ann (Schlecht) Ganser -- Mrs. Joseph Edward Ganser of Kellogg, ID

Mary Ann (Schlecht) Ganser -- Mrs. Joseph Edward Ganser of Kellogg, ID

Posted: 23 Dec 2011 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schlecht, Ganser
I am looking for help with some research on my 2nd cousin, Mary Ann (nee Schlecht) Ganser who was born 16 December 1921 in Hoven (Township), SD and died 5 May 2003 in Kellogg, ID.

I would specifically like to know where she is buried. In a perfect world, I'd also like to get my hands on a copy of her obituary so that I can verify her military service and occupation history.

My understanding is that her husband (who was born in 1913) is still living in Kellogg, ID and that Mary Ann & Joseph Edward had a total of five children; four sons (Joseph Edward,Jr; John Kevin, James David, & Michael S.) -- plus a daughter, Susan Mary.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. "PJ" Braun

Re: Mary Ann (Schlecht) Ganser -- Mrs. Joseph Edward Ganser of Kellogg, ID

Posted: 23 Dec 2011 4:19PM GMT
PJ, following is an obit i was able to locate on Mary Ann. Check with your local library if they have a system where by you can access the Newsbank America's Obituaries and Death Notices using a library card from them.
The obit I found with this feature follows.
Don

Idaho Spokesman-Review (Coeur d'Alene, ID) - May 7, 2003
Deceased Name: Mary (Schlecht) Ganser -- KELLOGG
Memorial service for Mary Ann (Schlecht) Ganser, 81, will be Friday at 10 a.m. at St. Rita's Roman Catholic Church in Kellogg. Shoshone Funeral Service in Kellogg is in charge of arrangements.
Mrs. Ganser, who was born in Hoven, S.D., died Monday.
She married Joseph Ganser in 1945 and the couple lived in California.
Mrs. Ganser had worked on a manufacturing assembly line before World War II and served with the 460th Army Air Force during the war.
She was a homemaker and also sold Avon.
The couple moved from California to the Silver Valley in the 1970s.
She was a member of St. Rita's Catholic Church and enjoyed indoor and outdoor plants.
Survivors include her husband; four sons, Joseph Ganser and John Ganser, both of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., and James Ganser and Michael Ganser, both of Camarillo, Calif.; a daughter, Susan Ross of Coeur d'Alene; two brothers, Ken Schlecht of Washington and James Schlecht of California; 10 grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Idaho Spokesman-Review (Coeur d'Alene, ID)
Date: May 7, 2003
Edition: IDAHO
Page: D7
Record Number: 0305070204
Copyright (c) 2003 Idaho Spokesman-Review

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 6:53AM GMT
Don, once again I am in your debt -- both for the specific information you were able to find AND the tip for how access Newsbank America's Obituaries and Death Notices via my local library.

THAT appears to be a nugget well worth digging for & I definitely invest some time to learn more about the opportunities in the near future!!

Namasté, “PJ”

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 6:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ganser
To obtain an obituary contact:
Shoshone News Press
Phone number: 208-752-1120
Fax number: 208-752-1121
E-mail: ddrewry@shoshonenewspress.com

Give her name and date of death.
If there is an obituary it should be there.
It should list where she is buried also.

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 6:57AM GMT
I found a Joseph Englebert Ganser born Nov 1946 208-783-4361
It is listed with 2 addresses a PO Box in Pinehurst, ID and an address in Kellogg, ID.

Posted: 1 Jan 2012 7:51PM GMT
Thank you for both replies; you've given me some wonderful directions/leads to follow.

I was able to contact the funeral home that handled her final wishes and learned yesterday that her remains were cremated and returned to the family for disbursal -- so she likely never was buried.

I'll continue digging to find out more about her family.

Namasté, “PJ”

Posted: 2 Jan 2012 3:02AM GMT
I am happy to help.
I know this area very well and still have relatives up there.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic