Search for content in message boards

Smith of North Carolina, Georgia Florida

Smith of North Carolina, Georgia Florida

Eleta Reese (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 1999 4:00PM GMT
Have info. @ Smith family descended from Richard Smith b. 08/24/1743 in London, England d. 11/29/1836 Caswell Co., North Carolina. Revolutionary War soldier recd. pension. My step grandfather was his g.g.grandson, McMichael Lafayette Smith. The family married into the Hightower, Morgan, Sanders, Crockett, Walkup, Pickens, Moon families over the years.

SMITH family

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 9:05AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:27PM GMT
Eleta, I am interested in knowing more about
the SMITH/PICKENS connections you may have.
My Gabriel PICKENS of PA/VA/SC is reported
to have married a SMITH.
Terry - tmclean@earthlink.net

Smith/Pickens

Eleta Reese (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2000 4:35PM GMT
Do not know a lot @ the family yet but we have Margaret Pickens m. James B. Walkup. Their daughter, Agnes Nancy Walkup m. William Crockett on 01/10/1799. Their daughter Martha Pickens Crockett m. John Sanders on 12/31/1833. Their daughter Martha Jane Sanders m. John Miles Smith on 08/18/1867. What year did your Smith Pickens marry? Perhaps I have it in some other records.

Pickens/Smith

Posted: 18 Jan 2000 6:49PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:27PM GMT
Eleta, thanks for the reply - my SMITH/PICKENS
connection was much earlier.
If you want to look at what I have, you can
find it on my PICKENS web page at
http://home.earthlink.net/~tmclean/Pickens_Pipeline.html
Good luck with your research.
Terry Pickens McLean
tmclean@earthlink.net

Lafayette Smith

JuliaAnn Smith Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 9:40AM GMT
Eleta: I realize it has been a long time since your 1999 posting in regard to Richard Smith and a gggrandson Lafayette. I have a Lafayette Smith living in Bledsoe Co TN born about 1849-18556. His parents were William and Elizabeth on the 1860 census of Bledsoe Co TN, then living next door was a William and Polly Smith. William/Polly were born in NC according to the Census record. Do you have a William Smith who had a son Lafayette that would tie me back to Richard Smith into the early 1700's?

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated as the SMITH's are very difficult to trace and prove and I am at a stopping point. Please email me directly at jjoh272097@aol.com

Smith/Pickens

Posted: 22 May 2001 12:09PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 8:04PM GMT
I am also interested in my Gabriel Pickends/Zerubiah Smith ancestors but do not have any more info.
Lynn Norfleet

Re: Smith of North Carolina, Georgia Florida

Posted: 1 Sep 2001 2:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2004 7:22AM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Gibson
I think that my Richard Smith b. 1786 m. Sophia Gibson
they married 1815 in Caswell nc and moved in 1835's to
Tippah co. Ms. I think that my ggggreat grand father Richard
Smith was Richard Smith, Rev. soldier was his father.
can you help me.?
Janna

Re: Smith of North Carolina, Georgia Florida

Posted: 3 Jun 2004 4:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Smith, Duncan, Burge
I am looking for the Parents and any Siblings of Irvin Jack Smith. He appears on the 1880 BentonCo. census living with the H.W. Duncan family of Benton Co. Ms. He marries Amanda Burge in abt. 1880. They are both burried in the old Duncan Cemetery, Benton Co. Ms.
They had 5 children that Died and 5 that lived: Louvenia, Linnie,Mary Eliza, Addie, And David. I also can't find David.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Margaret mrgrwhi6@bellsouth.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic