Search for content in message boards

Famillies who founded Bermudes, Chihuahua

Famillies who founded Bermudes, Chihuahua

Posted: 25 Jun 2005 7:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Oct 2005 12:41AM GMT
Surnames: Moore, Clark, Demoss
I understand that three civil war soldiers settled in Yecora, Sonora and then founded Bermudes, Chihuahua. Their names were Moore, Clark, and DeMoss. I would like to hear from anyone who knows about this story and especially about Moore as my husbands grandmother was Josefa Moore from Bermudes

Re: Famillies who founded Bermudes, Chihuahua

betty marker (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jun 2005 2:54AM GMT
My g-grandfather, Alfred Churchill Hamilton b. 1850 Davenport, IA removed to Yecora abt. 1885 m. Concepcion Canizares 1888 d. 1907 Yecora. His parents were: Kinnard & Charlotte (Moore) Hamilton.
Coincidence?

Betty (Hamilton) Marker

Posted: 26 Jun 2005 1:55PM GMT
Hi - maybe we have a connection - I found this letter on the internet a couple of years ago and tried writing the priest but never got an answer. Do you have more information on Charlotte? Margarita

Letters from Fr. Bill "Memo" Kraus, O.F.M.Cap., cont.

1998: Sept. 28, Oct 21, Nov. 1, Dec. 14; 1999: Mar. 2, May 12, July 11, July 23, Sept. 7, Oct. 4, Nov. 22; 2000: Jan. 3, March 6, May 10, July 21, Sept 30, Oct. 3, Dec. 8.

from Yecora, Mexico, Jan. 3, 2000:

Peace to you in the Savior Jesus, and a most Holy New Year to you all. I celebrated the new year in two states, with a morning Mass in Yecora (Sonora) then an afternoon Mass in Bermudez, Chihuahua. Bermudez is not really in our parish, but is right across the border and far from the nearest priest in Chihuahua, so we visit it as a favor to the people.

It's an interesting community since it was founded about 100 years ago by three families who came down here from North Carolina, and so the people have very white features. I'm not sure why the families migrated here, sometimes it's better not to ask, but they're a very warm group and one of the most faithful communities we visit.

Betty Marker (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2005 8:41PM GMT
JOSEFA MOORE b. 1864 Curea, Yecora, Sonora, MX m. Ilario Garcia Mungarro 1882 Bermudes, Chihuahua, MX d. 1958 Yecora, Sonora, MX.

Children:
Jose Garcia b. 1883 Bermudes d. 1953 Yecora
Carlos Garcia b. 1885 Bermudes d. 1915 Bermudes
Rosendo Garcia b. 1887 Bermudes d. 1952 Yecora
Ilario Garcia b. 1889 Bermudes d. 1970 Yecora
Ruby Garcia b. 1891 Bermudes d. 1972 Yecora
Elisa Garcia b. 1893 Bermudes d. 1997 Los Angeles, CA
Erlinda Garcia b. 1895 Bermudes d. 1962 Yecora
Francisca Garcia b. 1897 Bermudes d. 1980 Chihuahua
Josefina Garcia b. 1899 Bermudes d. 1995 Yecora

Also found:
1. Learner Black Moore b. 1811 TN d. 1890 MX
2. Emilio Clark b. 1850 Bermudes m. Dolores Paz
3. Enrique Demoss Garcia b. 1922 Vermudez (Bermudes) d. 1988 note: in Spanish records the person's name is shown as given name, surname, mother's maiden name...

Hope this helps,
Betty

Julian Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2005 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Moore
Can you help me?, because I am trying to find the roots of Josefa Moore Campbell, by her Campbell´s line. Recently I found a family whose father was Clark Moore of Bermudes.
I actually live in Hermosillo, Sonora Mexico.
Thanks in advance.
Julian Campbell.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 9:27PM GMT
Thanks but I have most of this information - where Im stuck is in trying to find Josefa Moore´s father and ancesters - There is a record of a Thomas W. Moore b abt 1825 married 1890 in Sonora Mexico to Mrs Moore
Thomas W. Moore´s parents were Henry Moore and Alethea Reeves from either Tenn or Georgia
The dates could be mistaken and that would make it possible for this Thomas Moore to be Josefas father since Alethea Reeves and Henry moore were born about 1803 and so maybe their son Thomas was married around 1850 not 1890

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 9:34PM GMT
We had comunicated before and I had found a link to the Campbells but I had some problems with my computer and I was not able to comunicate with you again - I will look through my files to see if I can find something but tell me is this Josefa Moore Cambell my Josefa born in 1864 and if so do you have more information on her?

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 5:31AM GMT
hello! my name is alexandra Gastelum... i know josefa moore, she's my great great mother... my grandma maria elena demoss has told me many stories! josefa was married to ilario garcia right?? i hope to hear from you... one of the founders was david adbury, according to my gramma.

Posted: 21 Jun 2010 5:36AM GMT
my great gramma was elisa garcia, my gramma maria elena demosss and her siblings still reside in juarez, chihuahua... they will be very happy if they find more relatives from here!

Posted: 2 Jan 2011 9:10AM GMT
Alexandra creo que somos familiares lejanos, y creo que tu línea familiar es la siguiente, dime si estoy en lo correcto...yo soy descendiente de José García Moore y Teresa Beltrán.....Saludos

Elisa Garcia b. 1893 Bermudes d. 1997 Los Angeles, CA Married Federico Demoss Clark
Elisa (Licha)
David Demmos Garcia Married Carolina Clark Moore (Hermana Panino)
David Demoss
Jose María Married Maria Osorio
Samuel
Agustin
Francisco
Blanca
Margarita

Carlos
Enrique
Magdalena
Josefa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions