Search for content in message boards

Pattrick McNinch

Pattrick McNinch

Timothy McNinch (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: MCNINCH, ALLEN, SCOTT
Looking for any info on above surnames in Northumberland Cty. around 1760-1810. Paticular names would include: James Scott, James Allen, Pattrick McNinch. Families may have moved on from the area in early 1800s. All families originated in Ireland, of Scottish descent.

Scott

Terry Scott Manchester (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: SCOTT, ALLISON, McELROY, REA
I have some info on SCOTT in Neshaminy. John Scott left Scotland for Ireland, then came to Valley Neshaminy. He married Agnes McElroy in Neshaminy. One of their sons, William, had 3 sons (John, James and William, Jr) with wife Jennie (Janet) Allison. James and John left Milton, PA Oct. 1815 on a prospecting trip to OH and eventually settled there. James was born 1-1-1794 in PA and died in Greene Co, OH 8-12-1881.

I found an extensive family record and written stories in Troy, OH while researching my SCOTT family origins. If this sounds like what you're looking for, let me know. I can give you more info. I would also like any further info on the SCOTTs in PA if you have or find any.

Re: Pattrick McNinch

William Richard McNinch (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 8:46PM GMT
At the McNinch Family Christmas 2001, I met a 1st cousin who shared that her father Lyle McNinch (now deseased) told the story of 4 brothers coming from Ireland before the Rev. War. I have info on Patrick NJ 7 PA. Do you know who these brothers may be? John McNinch (fought in Rev. War PA 1776 PA Arch), Samuel McNinch (homstead Northampton PA 1790), and a David McNinch (married Hannah Penhallow Boston 1779).

Tim McNinch (View posts)
Posted: 16 Dec 2001 10:59PM GMT
William:

Please contact me directly via e-mail.

Newton@coiinc.com

This will speed things up considerably and I will also share my phone and address. I have plenty of information to help you, but your "David" McNinch is very interesting to me. He may or may not belong to the generation group you are describing.

Regards, Tim

Posted: 10 Jan 2002 5:49AM GMT
I am also searching for ancestry information on both sides of my family. If this is the same Tim, I know then you are my uncle. I am Glenora McNinch's (maiden)daughter. (Dawn) Please reply to jaded1674@yahoo.com, or to my husband's e-mail, to let me know. Thank you
Posted: 30 Jan 2013 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: scott
I know its an old message i read. but my direct ancestor is james allison scott , william scott and jean allison. i would love to exchange. the info you say you have. have restarted grandmas geni we started in the sixties. making ssure its right. thanks for any reply. mike hummell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions