Search for content in message boards

Surname: Engi

Annette (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 1999 3:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Engi
Can anyone give me information about the surname Engi. All I know is that it is Hungarian. Thanks in advance.

Rosemary D'Amore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 1999 7:53PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:54PM GMT
Some Engi's came to the US from Budapest,Hungary. I am looking for relatives of Denes Engi.

Re: Surname: Engi -Teresa (Tesse) Engi Geiger

Posted: 3 Jul 2002 4:21AM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:55PM GMT
Surnames: Engi, Geiger
My husband's grandmother was Teresa (Tesse) Engi born in the 1890's in Budapest. Teresa married George Geiger. Teresa Engi's father's name was John and she had a brother John, and sisters Mary, Lena and Anna. They came to America sometime before 1915. Teresa lived in Michigan (Palms and Lansing) and New York State (Pitcher, Newfield, Scipio). Her brother John lived in Ohio, Mary married Frank Saloy and lived in New York State. Lena married Steve Comack and lived near Whitney Point, NY then Cincinatis, NY. Anna married George Diller and lived in Newfield, NY. Do you have much information about your Engi's? Do any of these names sound familiar?
Thanks,
Karen

Re: Surname: Engi - Andres Engi

Gyongyi Kurthy (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2003 12:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:56PM GMT
Hello,
I do not know if you are still interested in this searching, but I would like to inform you, that you are right, it is a Hungarian name. My mother's surname is Engi. My grantfather was Andras Engi.

Re: Surname: Engi -Teresa (Tesse) Engi

Posted: 21 Mar 2003 4:03PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:56PM GMT
I'm looking for the relatives of my great grandmother, Tesse (teresa) Engi. She emmigrated in the early 1900's with her parents (I don't know their names) from Hungary. I am told she came from the area of Budapest.

Re: Surname: Engi -Teresa (Tesse) Engi

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 1:49PM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 12:57PM GMT
Surnames: Geiger, Engi
Hello,
My name is Melanie Abron my grandfather is George Geiger jr. his parents were Teresa Engi and George Geiger Sr. My mothers name is Jeanne Weaver (Geiger) she is the daughter of George Geiger jr and Alberta Miller (Geiger) all of us reside in upstate NY, my grandfather George Geiger jr. passed away in December of 2011, I would love to speak to you and I hear we have relatives in Canada and still in hungary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions