Search for content in message boards

Thomas and Bertha Petersen

Thomas and Bertha Petersen

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 2:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Petersen/Molgaard
My great grandfather(Hans Petersen) came to Nebraska to attend Dana College and married CHristine Molgaard. His 2 brothers(Anton and Thomas) moved to Canada. His parents were Thomas and Bertha Petersen and lived in Schleswig-Holstein. I know he had a couple more brothers and sisters who stayed there. Does anyone have any information on this family?

Re: Thomas and Bertha Petersen

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 6:18PM GMT
Your post didn't really have enough information to tell if this is who you are looking for, but in the records for Rodding Haderslev there was a family that consisted of:

Thomas Petersen and Birthe Marie Lund (who married in 1880) and had children:
Kjestine b. 12 Oct 1880
Hansine b. 23 Jul 1882
Thomas b. 6 Mar 1884
Hans b. 23 Sept 1887
Anton b. 6 Mar 1890
Martin b. 4 Feb 1892

I thought it was close enough to be worth passing along...

J Murphy

AW: Thomas and Bertha Petersen

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 7:34PM GMT

Hello, from the Möllgaard Doerpum, "The Möllgaard Family History" from 1627 to 1983.
Family reunion in 2007, is held every 5 years. 14 generations of family history. There is a newspaper clipping.

I am not related to the Möllgaards. by Ralf

Posted: 10 Mar 2012 8:43PM GMT
This is exactly who I'm looking for! Do you have any more information on this family, or know where I can receive more info on family members still living there?

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 12:41AM GMT
I can't give you much more... the marriage record that I found for Thomas Petersen and Birthe Marie Lund didn't have any other info (not even age or vaccination dates) on it and if the census records for that area for the years between 1860 and 1925 exist I don't know where to access them. I had hoped to find Thomas on a tilgangliste (list of people coming into the parish) but the one I found only went through about 1860.
The parish records however, are available online (free) at Arkiveronline. (And I can always forward the ones that I did find to you too)

Thomas Petersen and Birthe Marie Lund were married May 4 1880 in Rodding parish. And there is a birth record for a Birthe Marie Lund who was born May 27 1856 to Hans Lund and Kirstine Strögaard in Rodding that might be her. I didn't find a Thomas Petersen born in Rodding around the correct time, but there was one who was born in Sønder Hygum (parish directly to the west of Rodding) in 1850 that might be right. Unfortunately I can't pin those down for you....maybe there is someone who is more familiar with or who has access to records that I don't....?

J Murphy

Posted: 11 Mar 2012 2:25AM GMT
Wow- that is much more than what I expected to hear. I am just beginning my search and am trying to figure out where to look and what to look for so this helps greatly! thank you!!!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions