Wilmont and Jane Strong, lived Thirty years in Kobe

Wilmont and Jane Strong, lived Thirty years in Kobe

Posted: 18 Dec 2002 4:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Strong Thackwray Donnell Jermain Norris Rogers
Wilmont was the son of Pricilla and Eli strong

1. Eli STRONG (b.1846-Pensylvania)
sp: Pricilla RICHARDSON (b.1846-Ohio)
2. Wilmont E STRONG (b.9 Aug 1869-Metz Indiana;d.13 Apr 1958-3153 Parkview Kalamazoo Michigan)
sp: Jane THACKWRAY (b.24 Jun 1872-Kalamazoo Michigan;m.25 Jul 1892;d.8 Dec 1954-3153 Parkvie)
3. Mary STRONG
sp: Charles J. DONNELL
4. First daughter DONNELL
sp: R L V JERMAIN
4. Second daughter DONNELL
sp: C R Jnr NORRIS
4. Third daughter DONNELL
sp: J J ROGERS

Wilmont (Mont) and Jane (Jenny) lived in Tacoma Washington between 1892 and 1907
They then moved to Kobe, Japan for thirty years between 1907 and 1937 returning just before the second world war broke out . Wilmont was the chief engineer at the Masuda Flour mills in Kobe.

Has anyone any information about the flour mill, or Kobe at this time.
Currently I don't know whether Mary was born in Japan.

Re: Wilmont and Jane Strong, lived Thirty years in Kobe

Posted: 8 Apr 2003 1:03PM GMT
I also have ancestors that lived in Kobe. Mine were McChesney's from the San Francisco, CA area... merchants. Do you know where to write for birth, death and marrage records in Japan ?
Thanks,
Brigette

Chrissie Hauxwell (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 2003 7:32AM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2003 5:56PM GMT
No sorry I dont.
I think you might be able to contact someone on one of the voluntary sites like "Random acts of Genealogical Kindness" and they may be able to advise you. I do Know that there was an American gentleman dealing with Japan.
Chrissie H.

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 12:08PM GMT
Thank Chrissie! I'll try the other board and see if I can get some help there. Best of luck in your search !
Brigette

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 12:18AM GMT
Trying again to make a connection to these people. I am a direct descendent to these people. Here goes: Eli Strong amd Priscilla Richards Strong are my great grandparents. My grandparents were Leon Delano Strong and Katherine M. Olive Strong. They resided in Seattle from about 1900 until Katherine's death in 1966. They had three sons and those sons married and stayed in the Seattle area all but one. There are just a handful of grandchildren from those three sons(I'm one of them) and the family is quite small. I have the locations of their burials and more info about the entire family if someone wants it. I have been working on this for years. Wilmont would be a grt. Uncle to me.

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 12:26AM GMT
Responding again to Chrissie, This is pretty neat to find a connection, I know where Eli and Priscilla are buried as well as most of their children(these are parents and siblings to my grandfather Leon) I have traced this family back to Mass. in the late 1700's so his line has been in America a long time. Would like very much to have a dialouge with another person in this family. I reside in Seattle and have access to most of the family info. Hope this is the start of a great and much wanted adventure! Arlene
per page

Find a board about a specific topic