Search for content in message boards

Hudspeth Bros. Rosa, LA

Hudspeth Bros. Rosa, LA

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 6:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2005 12:26AM GMT
Surnames: Hudspeth
We recently acquired two trading token "Hudspeth Bros. Rosa, LA" and have been trying to discover what they were used for, which Hudspeth family line, and generally any history behind these token's?

We are not a coin dealer, and are not interested in their valve in that arena ...

Just moments ago we discovered by way of LAGENWEB that the town of Rosa is/was with in St. Landry Parish ...

We have had one coin/token dealer reply to us .... "The Hudspeth family operated a general store, the Bessie C sugar plantation, a cotton gin and a syrup mill where they manufactured "Easy's Best" cane syrup." after the Civil War ...

we are looking forward to any additional info anyone might know of, or other leads and suggestion :)

Ken Hedgpeth ~ Arcadia, CA ~ USA
Email: hdpth@earthlink.net
the H*D*P*TH web site covering all spelling variants from any location ...
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hedgpeth

like a smile ... genealogical kindness, causes a chain reaction :)

Re: Hudspeth Bros. Rosa, LA

Bryant Walker (View posts)
Posted: 6 Apr 2004 3:15AM GMT
Kenny
You can run a search on the St. Landry Archives page at:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~usgenweb/la/stlandry.htm

I found several references to the Hudspeth name in the archives. One was a Captain George W. Hudspeth who served in the 8th La. Regiment in the Civil War. I did not find any reference to the coins or business.

Good Luck
Bryant Walker

Posted: 6 Apr 2004 6:10AM GMT
hey thanks for the reply Bryant -

We have, since posting this message here, received a couple other replies from various "genie helper's" out there ... which we have incorporated into the data on the web page where we have the Hudspeth token's displayed ... interested parties can check out what we have discovered on the Family Trivia link here ...

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hedgpeth/family-tri...

We have more Data that was share with us on other Hudspeth's in the same general area, that hasn't been posted to the H*D*P*TH web site yet ... as we are attempting to figure out which ones descend from whom, before we post them :)

Posted: 4 May 2004 7:59PM GMT
Live just down the road from Rosa. Knew all the Hudspeths well. Portions of the old cotton gin are still there. CSA grave is in St. Catherine's cemetery. What can I help you with? Sue

Posted: 5 May 2004 9:51AM GMT
Greetings Sue -

thanks for your generous reply ... we are open to anything you would like to share about these Hudspeth's and the general area of Rosa ...

Pictures of "hdpth" points of interest and possible contact with local Hudspeth descendants would be wonderful :)

Email: hdpth@earthlink.net
the H*D*P*TH web site covering all spelling variants from any location ...
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hedgpeth

like a smile ... genealogical kindness, causes a chain reaction :)

Posted: 5 May 2004 1:46PM GMT
It may take me a couple of weeks to put things together. There is an out-of-prnt book on Rosa/Lemoine area that I knw of. Give me a call to discuss what you need to be specific about. 337-948-2589. Sue

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 12:32AM GMT
I am a Hudspeth, and know a lot of the info you wanted. I know it's been many years ago put please respond. Email at jdhud021@aol.com Anyone please feel free to email.

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 3:11PM GMT
Surnames: Hudspeth
That was my grandmother's family. Hudspeths. If you want more information (and I have quite a bit), please email me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic