Search for content in message boards

GOOSIC, THOMPSON, WILSON, CROW, LARGENT

GOOSIC, THOMPSON, WILSON, CROW, LARGENT

Jo Leonard (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for descendents, and information pertaining to Andrew Goosic b 3-12-1812 in OH m 3-18-1838 in Athens Co., OH to Julia Ann Thompson b 4-5-1821 in OH. Their daughter is Delilah A. Goosic b 1-15-1839 in OH.

I am also looking for information for Eva Mirtie Wilson b 3-30-1873 in OH, Clara Crow b in OH, and Hannah Largent b 1833 in OH.

Any information about these families would be appreciated.

Jo

Largent

Ruth Hoskins (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
you might check Champaign OH for the Largents there.
I think Hannah might be a descendant of Nelson Largent who lived there.
I would have to go off line to see.
Contact me by e-mail
Ruth rehoskins@aol.com

Goosic(k)s anywhere, any time

Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2001 9:19AM GMT
Surnames: Goosic, Goosick, Gossick, Gossic, Gusic, Gusik
Jo, my Goosics come from Athens Co. OH, also. We share Andrew G. and Julia Anne Thompson as ancestors. I just wanted to be sure you and all other Goosic researchers are aware that there is a Goosic-L@rootsweb.com, and associated GenConnect suite.

Researchers of all spellings of the unusual surname are welcome. Are there any Athens County Histories that mention Andrew or any of the other Goosics and/or Julia's Thompsons?

Re: Goosic(k)s anywhere, any time

sylvana (View posts)
Posted: 22 Aug 2001 8:37PM GMT
Their are various historical records on the original spelling of the name: Gusic, Gussic, Gussich, and Gusich. The name is pronounced "goose itch". It is a Croatian name. Croatian records indicate that the name belongs to one of the founding families of Croatia, it is a royal name along with having the first coat of arms in Croatian history. The Gusic coat of arms was created prior to even the Croatian coat of arms (dates I don't have). But, in 1071, Petar Gusic and one other determined who the next king of Croatia would be.

Re: Largent

Ann Carr (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2003 10:19PM GMT
I also have a Largent. His name is John Clouser Largnet and his father was Nelson Largent : born: Abt 1812 in Champaign County, OH. Any info on this line would be helpful. Thank You, Ann

Ruth Hoskins (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 1:42PM GMT
Your Nelson was brother or half brother to William, father of Melson, my husband's line. Their father had been married 3 times that I know of.
I have all 3 wives of John Largent, with children, if you want it.

That is the only thing I know about him really.
Sorry
Ruth

Ann Carr (View posts)
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 6:02PM GMT
Hi Ruth, yes I would like to have anything that you have. Just send an e-mail to me at panther@lanset.com. There is another person that has some info on this line of Largents also.Her name is Jan Blake jmlargent@att.net, that may have more for you also.. Thank you for the reply.Ann

Re: Goosic(k)s anywhere, any time

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 6:12AM GMT
You have provided some interesting info on the family name. My grandfather John d. Gusich came to America in 1908 thru Ellis Island. Would love to learn more about the family name .
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions