Search for content in message boards

Drumcliff Parish C.of I. Info

Drumcliff Parish C.of I. Info

Tom McConnell (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams, Anderson, Barber, Blair, Caffrey, Clark, Ewing, Feeney, Ferguson, Frith, Gillmor, Gore-Booth, Gregg, Harrison, Henderson, Henry, Hudson, Jackson, Jameson, Lindsay, Maxwell, McKim, Munns, Pye, Shaw, Siggins, Taylor, Uncles, Walker, Wallace, Warren, Yeats
I have been researching the Church of Ireland congregation of Drumcliff parish, Co. Donegal. The surnames listed are the prominent ones that appear in the records that I have found. Some are related to my family (Shaw, Jackson, Harrison) but others were just collected in the course of my research. I have a significant amount of information regarding many of these names, and I am always looking for more data. Thanks,
Tom McConnell (tmcconnell@moosenet.net)

P.Drumcliff, Co.Sligo

Tom McConnell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Sorry about that. I am referring, of course, to Drumcliff parish in Co.Sligo, not Co.Donegal.

Drumcliffe parish

Paul Burns (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Burns, Byrne, Birne, O'Beirne
I am puzzled by your query concerning Drumcliffe parish in Co. Donegal. Did you mean Co. Sligo? If so, I did extensive research on a Byrne family that lived in Creggs, Drumcliffe parish, Co. Sligo in the 1700s and was Church of Ireland. It was linked by marriage to Soden, Dodwell, Wynne, O'Beirne, Griffith, and Ormsby familes among others.

Feeney

Maureen Gills (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Feeney, Nolan, Murphy
I am looking for a Michael Feeney(b. mid 1850's) married to Bridget Nolan

Shaw and Beatty families

Peter D. Beattie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Beatty, Shaw, McMunn, Routledge, etc
A female Shaw married a Charles Beatty from Union Collooney
mid 1800s. He was the son of John Beatty merchant of Sligo Town.

Caffrey family

Roxanne DeVillez (View posts)
Posted: 9 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: CAFFREY
Interested in Caffrey's you know of. My Ggrandfather John T. Caffrey b. 5/28/1852 m. Mary Hannon b. 1855, John's parents Patrick Caffrey and Kate Shields. Have been unable to locate where in Ireland they came from. Could it be Co. Donegal? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. You can email me at roxdev@gate.net. Thank you, Roxanne

Drumcliff: Barber, Hudson, Gregg, Henry, Payne

William J. Barber (View posts)
Posted: 15 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Barber, Hudson, Henry, Gregg, Payne
While visiting County Sligo, I have collected data from the Drumcliff and Lissadell Church Registers on the Barber family back to 1800. Also have records on the Hudson, Gregg, Henry and Payne families. My great grandfather, Thomas Barber, was born at Rahelly near Castlegarren on May 3, 1811. He died October 8, 1892. My grandfather, William Barber, was born July 25, 1846 at Rahelly and lived at Muninane until his death on December 23, 1935. I believe that Thomas' father was William Barber, born in 1761. I am searching for any earlier Barber references.

Henderson, Sligo

Judy Comer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson
Am attempting to trace Henderson, Helen born 1893/1894? and her sister Pollie Henderson, no birth date available. Both sisters emigrated to Canada early 1900's. Any informatiom on the Hendersons of Sligo that you have gathered would be appreciated

Family Tree

Posted: 22 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2001 4:19PM GMT
Surnames: Feeney
My family left Sligo in the 1860's and I am trying to trace my roots,I would be thankfull for any help

Munns Family

Posted: 6 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 9:53PM GMT
Surnames: Munns
Tom,

We are interested in any and all information on Munns. We have not found a link back to Europe yet, but hope to receive information soon. Our "oldest" ancestor is Robert Munns (b.?? d. 1884 in Wisconsin) who married Roxanna Rounds in 1835 in New York.

Thank you very much!
Roxanne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions