Search for content in message boards

Burdakewchi Borschiv

Burdakewchi Borschiv

Lauren (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2004 1:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robak/Manchur
I am trying to track down information on my great grandmother's family. Nellie Robak was from this town or village. She moved to Canada when she was 9 years old. She married a Harry Manchur who was possibly from the same town. I'm not sure. I have been able to track down Borschiv County by not Burdakewchi.

Thanks.

Re: Burdakewchi Borschiv

Posted: 24 Mar 2004 3:19AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2005 2:03AM GMT
Hi Lauren,

Its quite possible that the place you're looking for is Burdiakowce in the admin district of Borszczow. These are the Polish spellings (which you would find on documentation of that era) but would sound very much like what you have written. Burdiakowce would be Burdiakivtsi in transliterated Ukrainian. If this place still exists it would be near approximately 48 degrees 52 minutes north latitude and 26 degrees 11 minutes east longitude (near Skalat).

I found this information in Brian Lenius' "Genealogical Gazetteer of Galicia." This book contains a wealth of information for anyone researching in southeastern Poland and western Ukraine. More info can be found here: http://www.halgal.com/ggglenius.html

What other documentation do you have pertaining to her? I'm Canadian and could perhaps point you in a few directions, depending on what you are trying to find.

Good luck!
Chris

Vitaliy (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2004 4:54AM GMT
Hi Lauren,

The village you are searching is village Burdiakivtsi in current Borschiv district of Ternopil region, Ukraine. Zip code is 48715.

I would recommend writing to Ihor Voronchak: voronchak@ukr.net
He is from nearby village Ozeriany, and is doing genealogical research for Ternopil and Lviv regions.
I think that at least he would be able to tell you if those families are still living in the village.

Good luck, Vitaliy

Posted: 13 Apr 2010 6:16PM GMT
My fiance is a a Manchur. Harry and Nellie were his Gr-Grandparents. They are from Gilbert Plains, Mantioba...Near Dauphin.

We are looking for information on the Robak's. Was Nellie's first name changed? We found a record of Nastia Robuk...Not sure if it's the same person?

We know that Nellie's father's name was Ostop and her mother's name is Ann. We found record of an Ostack and Hannah Robuk.

Mallory

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 12:33AM GMT
Hi Mallory. Thank you for your email. Your email was the first email I received since I posted several years ago. I forgot that I even posted. What is your fiance's name. I will have to check with my Mom, but I am almost positive we are related.

Lauren

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 12:51AM GMT
Hi Mallory. My Mom said absolutely I am related to your fiance. It suppose his father is one of my Mother's cousins.

Take care,
lauren

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 1:56AM GMT
That's pretty cool! What is your last name? Do you live in Gilbert Plains? My fiance moved from Gilbert Plains to Kitchener, Ontario, where we met 2 years ago.

Can you tell us more information about the Robak's? Do you have a family tree for the Robak/Manchur side? We are missing huge chunks and any information would be really helpful.

Thanks!! You can email me...m_bresolin@hotmail.com

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 10:50PM GMT
hi!

I realized the way I set up my email in my last post was kind of silly.

It's m_bresolin@hotmail.com

Thanks!

mal

Posted: 29 Apr 2010 7:31AM GMT
Nastia is nick name for Anastasia, a given name that was frequently anglicized to Nellie.

Posted: 26 Oct 2013 3:37AM GMT
Hi Lauren,
My name is Kerry Robak and my grandfather(Nick Robak) was Nellie Manchurs brother. Did you have any luck finding anymore information about the robak's?? I can share with you what i know? I have information back as far as my great grandparents names as well as a list of all the siblings.
Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic