Search for content in message boards

Jeff King, Navajo medicine man

Jeff King, Navajo medicine man

Posted: 1 Jun 2003 6:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KING, CARSON
My mother died recently and in an old photo album she received from my grandmother was a newspaper clipping about Jeff King, a Navajo medicine man. The story says he was 117 years old and remembered Col. Kit Carson. The story was written when King was in a hospital in Albuquerque, NM. I'd be happy to email a scanned copy to anyone who thinks they might be related.

Re: Jeff King, Navajo medicine man

Posted: 26 Jan 2009 6:59PM GMT
My name is Nathaniel Curley, I am direct decent of Jeff King. My grandmother was Esther Largo and she was the daughter of Jeff King. My mother's name is Marie Kirlie. We still live in around the area in which my grandfather lived. He is buried in Arlington Cemetary, Washington, D.C. We have been trying to do research on his military background and his life. Any information you could give us would be greatly appreciated. My phone number is 505-488-8068. Thanks very much.

Posted: 28 Jan 2009 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: KING
Maybe you can glean some information from the newspaper article at: http://www.navajotimes.com/news/2009/0109/012209scout.php

Re: Jeff King, Navajo medicine man; Family

Posted: 31 Aug 2009 10:12PM GMT
Ya'at'eeh,
I am interested in the article; I come from Pinedale, NM just north of the old Trading Post. I hear a lot about the late Jeff King; It would be nice to see a little history of him. I hear of many stories from my elders here during Navajo ceremonies. My e-mail is tyjnez@live.com thank you very much
TY J NEZ

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 7:44PM GMT
my great grandfather was frank mitchell. poss related.

Re: Jeff King, Navajo medicine man; Family

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 8:43PM GMT
Hello,

If I didn't send you a copy of the newspaper clipping I found in my grandmother's photo album, email me direct at csisson@btc-bci.com.

Posted: 6 Jan 2010 8:46PM GMT
Hello,

Email me direct at csisson@btc-bci.com. Thanks.

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 1:22AM GMT
I just came across your message. My mom was one of Jeff Kings great granddaughters. I would appreciate it, if you can send me a copy to my email address. Thank you very much.
Gwen

Posted: 15 Feb 2010 2:10AM GMT
I'd be happy to. Email me direct at csisson@btc-bci.com and I'll email you a copy.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 9:06PM GMT
hello there... my dad tells me stories about his nali jeff king and i wanted to get more info about him... these stories that he tells me is exciting and hope that i was around to hear all his stories he shared with his kids and grand kids... so if you would please send me copy of his story, i would appreciate it... thanks alot... my email is shanelargo55@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic