hobbs in texas

hobbs in texas

thomas lee hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 3:26PM GMT
any info on the hobbs in east texas region

HOBBS (BATSON, TX)

steve haynes (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 8:13PM GMT
"Buck" Hobbs family of Batson Texas is good start. He ran a General Store there for years. His father came to Texas in 1880s. Family came from Clay County (Erin Station) Alabama. Several Hobbs brothers served in 31st Alabama Infantry (Civil War). "Uncle George" Hobbs was taken prisoner and became a "Galvanized Yankee" at POW Camp. Unsure of which Hobbs brother/nephew went to Texas. Sure it was not Erasmus Marion Hobbs.

STEVE HAYNES

Hobbs from East Texas

Randy Hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 9:18AM GMT
Hi there. My family of Hobbs' came to Cass County Texas in the early 1880's. I think they came from Alabama also. Maybe the same bunch? I was born in Mt. Pleasant,Tx. and most of my relatives all are from around East Texas. I'll check with you later. Randy Hobbs

Hobbs in East Texas

Randy Hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 9:24AM GMT
Hello there. Well I'm one of those old honory Hobbs from East Texas! My bunch came to Cass County Texas in the early 1800's. My Grandfather Edgar Hobbs was born in 1887. I was born in Mt. Pleasant, TX and most all my immediate family was from around these parts. I'll be checking in with you later. Thanks Randy Hobbs

East Texas Hobbs

Thomas Hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2000 3:05PM GMT
Well Randy - nice to meet you. I was born in Groveton, TX back in 1950. I don't know too much about my family history - most of it is lost. My dad was from Trinity, TX and he was J. T. Hobbs. From one Texas Hobbs to another, good to hear from you.

East Texas Hobbs'

Randy Hobbs (View posts)
Posted: 29 Sep 2000 7:25AM GMT
Yes, Thomas, Good to meet you! This is what I love about the internet. This ability to find people and information is really neat! And just think, As we all know , we have Al Gore to thank for all this wonderful technology! He wishes. Oh well, what ever will get a vote I guess. Yea Thomas you and I are about the same age. I was born in 1952. Where have all the years gone? I was raised in Dallas, but we have moved out here to the country in East Texas and love it. I'll talk to you later cous! Randy Hobbs

Hobbs of east Texas

renay (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 9:21AM GMT
Was Caldwell or Lankford a surname for your Hobbs family?

Hobbs Caldwell Lankford

renay (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2000 9:42AM GMT
Yes they are surnames and the families intermarried at times cousins marrying cousins. Also Moore, Massey, Hall

Re: HOBBS (BATSON, TX)

sheron hobbs wooley (View posts)
Posted: 17 Aug 2001 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
i am related to buck hobbs i believe hewas a cousin to my father wesley hobbs sone of ben hobbs i need info on the hobbs family

Re: Hobbs from East Texas

Posted: 12 Jan 2003 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Aug 2003 1:17AM GMT
Hi Randy,
I'm just starting to do a family tree, was going through the message board here and found some Hobb's here in east Tx. My family on my Mother's side is all from east Tx. By any chance is your Daddy's name Wayne?
Donna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions