Search for content in message boards

James` Family Tree/England

James` Family Tree/England

Posted: 13 Sep 2001 8:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Nov 2003 11:20AM GMT
I have the following James in my tree:
John JAMES m Catherine King 20/11/1809, Thomas JAMES m Anne Gill 04/10/1813, Sarah JAMES m James Garmen 19/11/1822, Thomas JAMES m Rachel Lines 15/10/1823, All in the Parish Of Shalston,Buckinghamshire,England.Are any of these in your Family Tree? Has anyone got Birth/Census/Baptism/Death Certificates ?I am missing quite a lot but have lots of info to exchange.

Re: James` Family Tree/England

Posted: 26 Oct 2001 3:07PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2003 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: King, James
Hello,
I have researched a cemetery in Madison Co. Ohio called the Bigelow Cemetery. There are Kings and Janes listed there. I have noticed that there are Janes and James listed in Union or Madison Co. Ohio History Books. The counties are located next to each other and the borders kept moving making our research more difficult. The people buried in the cemetery lived along the Darby Plains. Many were listed as dying in Union Co. but are buried in Madison Co. in this cemetery. If you write to me at bkwendy@aol.com I will send you my research. I have guessed on some of it. I put ? by the ones that I am not sure of. Everyone in the cemetery seem to be connected in one way or another. I will get back to you next week. Belinda

Posted: 31 Oct 2002 3:05PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2002 6:55PM GMT
can you locate a earl or mabel james?

Dorna (View posts)
Posted: 12 Feb 2004 12:26AM GMT
've just found out through my aunt that my ggrandfather came from england, whales. my great grandfathers name was oliver morton james. he is my grandfathers , father. she will be sending me some information on alot of name s she has.

Belinda Kent (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 3:59PM GMT
Surnames: James
You are lucky, Dorna to have this material given to you. Thanks for sharing. All I know about our James line is that Laura Elizabeth James was part of my husbands line. We know nothing for sure about any of her family.
Belinda

Posted: 13 Feb 2004 10:11PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 9:13PM GMT
Belinda
Can you tell me where your Larua E James was from?
I have a Laura James born in 1882 with other siblings and parents also!

Thanks
Ann Dearing

Belinda Kent (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2004 10:28PM GMT
Surnames: James
I can tell you that Laura Elizabeth James married William Hense or Hensy(sp) Agee. The had a son John William Oscar Agee. This line was in Va, Tn and then Oscar came to Ohio and died in Montgomery co. Ohio in 1972. He was married twice. His first wife, Stella May Worley died of flu fairly young. He then married her sister Pearl Della Worley. He had children with both. My husbands Grandmother Margaret Elizabeth comes from Stella. She and her siblings moved out shortly after his second marriage. I know that some of the marriages happened in Sullivan Co. TN. John William Oscar Agee m. Stella in Sullivan Co. TN. But there daughter Margaret, was born in Abingdon,Washington Co. VA. in early 1900's. She is still living and resides in Florida now. Do you think we have families that connect. Was a story about Jesse James being part of the line. Was told that a James took his wife's name when marrying. Heard any of that?Would love to know what you have on your Laura and family. Belinda

Lily Scott (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2004 2:30PM GMT
Hi, I am interested ,in the James family tree,/ England,
My Grandmother was Elizabeth Clews formally James,
from Cannock Staffordshire,
by chance have you any info. on this james family,

Posted: 14 Feb 2004 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2006 9:13PM GMT
Belinda
I don't think our Laura's are one of the same!
My Laura was born in 1882 in Detour Michigan.
that's all o know about her!
But Thanks
Ann

Oliver Morton James

Dorna (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2004 8:39PM GMT
Oliver
Morton James b.cir 1870, casey, illinois,in casey,clark county, llinois,Ida A Medler,b. cir 1876,(daughter of Elias V. Mettler and unknown)died in 1919, Casey, Clark County, Illinois, buried at Cumberland Cemetery. Oliver Morton James died April 26,1951, casey, clark, Illinois and buried at Cumberland Cemetery. He was a carpenter.

lewis james died July 1964
William James died November 22,1967, Peoria, Illinois.
goldie(unknown)
Myrtle(unknown)
Denzil James()died Oct 12, 1906

These are some of the descendemts pf A;examder H. James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic