Search for content in message boards

Looking for any info on...

Looking for any info on...

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 11:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jarvis, Jackson, Medeiros, Seed, Daniels
I'm looking for any info on Marion Seed of New Bedford, MA. She passed away around 1977-1979. She was married to Edward Seed and possibly someone named Medeiros before that. Her moms name was Amelia (Jackson) Jarvis and her dads name was Harry C. Jarvis. She had an older sister, my mom, Elsie (Jarvis) Daniels. If anyone can give me any information I would appreciate it

Re: Looking for any info on...

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 2:03PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2011 6:33PM GMT
Surnames: Seed
Marion Seed b. July 23,1926 d.Aug.14,1970 in New Bedford
This info was on SS.Security death index and also Mass. death index. The dates will help if you are looking for a death record of maybe and obit.
Tina

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 2:16PM GMT
Edited: 21 Oct 2011 6:34PM GMT
Surnames: Seed
This is her exact death date, the next thing you should look for is an obit. I wasn't able to find one on-line. Perhaps someone might look for it at the library.

SSDI Record (Genealogybank.com)

Name: Marion Seed
Date of Birth: Friday July 23,1926
Date of Death: August 1979
Est. Age at death: 53 years
Last known residence: State: Unknown
Location of Last Benefit Paid:
City: New Bedford
County: Bristol
State: Massachusetts
ZIP Code:
Social Security details:
State of Issue: Massachusetts
Number: XXX-XX-9862

==================

Massachusetts Death Index, 1970-2003 [Ancestry.com]

Name: Marion Seed
Certificate: 038210
Death Place: New Bedford
Death Date: 14 Aug 1979
Birth Place: Massachusetts

===========================================================

This appears to be the 2nd husband:

SSDI Record (Genealogybank.com)

Name: Edward Seed
Date of Birth: Wednesday February 13, 1918
Date of Death: August 1985
Est. Age at death: 67 years, 6 months
Last known residence: City: New Bedford
County: Bristol
State: Massachusetts
ZIP Code: 02740
Social Security details:
State of Issue: Massachusetts
Number: xxx-xx-9487

=====================

Massachusetts Death Index, 1970-2003

Name: Edward Seed
Certificate: 005807
Death Place: Boston
Death Date: 7 Aug 1985
Birth Place: Massachusetts
Birth Date: 13 Feb 1918

==========================================================

There appears to be a least one child who is still living, therefore the details cannot not posted on this public message board.

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 9:10PM GMT
Was wondering how you came to the conclusion that it appeared to be her 2nd husband? I have been unable to find any info, other than pics, that she may have been married before. And yes there are still at least 4 children alive; possibly five if I can find her. Thanks for the info!

Posted: 20 Oct 2011 9:14PM GMT
Thank you!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Jackson, Jarvis, Taylor
Hello

I am researching some of my Jackson ancestors originally from Ashton under Lyne (England) who migrated to New Bedford.

I think the Amelia (Jackson)Jarvis that you mention was an older sister of my great grandmother Laura Jackson. Other siblings were Mary, Bertha and Frank. Their mother was Sarah Jane Jackson (nee Taylor) and father Frank Jackson.

I recently found a Sarah J Jackson living with Harry, Amelia, Elsie and Marian Jarvis (wrongly transcribed as 'Jamis')on the 1940 census. I would be very interested to find out if this family is linked to my family research in Ashton under Lyne.

Thank you

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 5:14AM GMT
Yes, I do believe that you are somehow related! I will have to pull out my paperwork, but all the names match up...Harry and Amelia were married and have Elsie (my mom) and Marion (my aunt). I will contact you on here tomorrow (Fri) with any other info I have.
Thanks for contacting me!

Jane Daniels Bush

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 6:54PM GMT
I am pretty sure that we are somehow related down the line. Everything that you wrote matches up to what I have; I just didn't know about the siblings of Amelia. Sarah J.(Jane) Jackson was born on June 16, 1868 in Ashton Under Lyne, England. I do not have a DOD. Her husband, Frank Jackson was born on July 3, 1866 also in Ashton Under Lyne, England. That is as far back as I have just from papers my mother had in a strongbox. Hope that helped a bit.

Jane

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 11:58AM GMT
Wow, this is exciting! Thanks for replying. It is great to make contact with you. Thanks for the birth dates for Sarah Jane and Frank, I have copies of their birth certificates and this info matches what I have.
My family research so far has mostly concentrated on Ashton under Lyne and the north of England. I have gone back with the Jackson family to the beginning of the 19th Century and also have quite a lot of info about the Taylor family. I have many BMD certificates and census transcripts etc. so please let me know if you would like any info.
Kind regards
Zoe

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 1:52PM GMT
Yes this is great! My info stops at Sarah and Frank. I believe I have original birth certificates for them; large and blue and a bit worse for the wear but mostly readable. My email is babe64292000@yahoo.com if u would like to send me any information. I can attempt to take pics of the original birth certificates if you want to see pics of them. Do you have any records of chldren that Bertha had? I know she married a man named Clem Bonvie, and think they had a son who may have been killed in a war, but don't remember his name or if I'm even remembering correctly. I was young, 7 or 8 if that, when we used to go visit them. I am Elsie's daughter, 3rd child, I also have 2 brothers, 1 alive, 1 who's passed. Sadly, Elsie and Marion have both passed as well. Any information you wish to share, I will gladly take.
Thank you very much!
Jane
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions