Search for content in message boards

Will of John C. Cribb, Marion District, SC, May 2, 1881

Will of John C. Cribb, Marion District, SC, May 2, 1881

Posted: 3 Feb 2008 10:28PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Cribb, Wright, Collins
The following will is copied from a microfilmed transcript of the original at the SC State Archives. My husband's ancestor, Elizabeth CRIBB WRIGHT (~1814-1892) d/o Thomas William CRIBB and Elizabeth COLLINS, is believed to be descended from at least 2 John CRIBBs and there may be others named John in the family. I don't know which John CRIBB this will refers to.

Anyone researching this line or similar, please contact me.

Judy in Ocala

===========================================================
Will of John C. Cribb

South Carolina )
Marion District )

I John C Cribb being weak of body but of sound and disposing mind and calling to mind the uncertainty of life and the certainty of death do make and ordain this my last will and testament in words following to wit:

I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Abi Cribb all my estate both real and personal to her and her heirs forever and I do hereby appoint my wife Abi Cribb sole executrix to this my last will and testament hereby reversing all former wills made by me at any time declareing this to be my sole last will and testament signed sealed and acknowledged in presents of [illegible mark] February the 20th 1851.

his
John C X Cribb (SEAL)
mark

Evan Lewis
David S. Edward
Richard. J. Edwards

Recorded in Will Book 2. Page [illegible, probably 152 or 132]

Sworn to May 2, 1851

Edward R. Wheeler, Ordinary

Roll No. [illegible]

Re: Will of John C. Cribb, Marion District, SC, May 2, 1881

Posted: 9 Nov 2013 11:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cribb, Wright
This could possibly be the will of my 2nd Great Grand Uncle John C. Cribb, sibling of Elizabeth Cribb Wright, my 2nd Great Grandmother. He was born in 1793 in South Carolina and died 23 Apr 1851 in Marion, South Carolina. That would be about two months after the date of this will on February the 20th 1851.

According to the Federal Census of 1850-

Name:John Cribb
Birth Year: abt 1794
Birthplace: Marion
Home in 1850: Marion, South Carolina
Family Number: 1025

Household Members:
Name Age
John Cribb 56
Abi Cribb 44

Re: Will of John C. Cribb, Marion District, SC, May 2, 1881

Posted: 10 Nov 2013 10:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cribb, Wright
Thank you for this information. It would appear that this will pertains to the same family in the 1850 census you have referenced. Do you have any documentation to indicate that this John Cribb is a brother to Elizabeth Cribb Wright? The only siblings I have for her are Anthony and Rebecca, but my information is very sparse.
Please fell free to contact me off-list.

Judy Wright
Ocala, FL
TreeWright@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic