Search for content in message boards

Edward Haley of VA

Edward Haley of VA

Sue Zarr (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2000 1:28PM GMT
I am trying to find out further info on Edward, born 1675 in VA while it was still a colony. He married Catherine ? in 1695. They had a son, James Haley born in 1703 who later married Susannah Brockman. I'm trying to find out who Edward's parents were. Also want to know Catherine's last name and parents. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ED HALEY

jwilliamhaley@aol.com (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2000 5:46PM GMT
HI SUE - TWO THINGS - 1ST - CANYOU TELL ME IF YOU HAVE A JOHN HARRISON HALEY IN YOUR LINE AND 2ND - SCROLL DOWN THIS MESSAGE LIST AND LOOK FOR EDWARD AND CATHERINE HALEY -THERE ARE SEVERAL SETS OF NOTES ABOUT THIS FAMILY AND THIS MIGHT BE THE KEY YOU NEED SINCE THE HAD NUMEROUS DESCENDENTS IN VA. GOOD LUCK!

John Harrison Haley

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 10:22AM GMT
There are lots of John Haleys in my family line, but I don't have knowledge about their middle names. I have a John Haley born 1730 in VA, married to Martha Wells. I have a John Haley born c.1840 whose father was Coleman Haley and mother was Ellender Refro. I have not seen the name Harrison as a name in my family line so far. Sorry.

j h haley

jwilliamhaley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 5:31PM GMT
thanks anyway sue - perhaps on down the road ,right!!?

info on Edward Haley

Beth Mann (View posts)
Posted: 27 Nov 2000 6:35PM GMT
Sue,

I am afraid that I have the same information that you do, and no more. If you are interested though, I spent some time at the VA library and found Edward's will. If you would like a copy, let me know. Just email me. gt3221b@prism.gatech.edu

Edward Haley of Va.

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 6:58PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2002 4:00PM GMT
Sue, do you happen to have a JOHNSON Haley or Barton Haley or Isaac Haley in your line? Trying to locate parents of Johnson (my ggg-gf) who lived in Kentucky. Believe his parents were from Virginia.

Haley family

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 8:23AM GMT
Sorry, not that I'm aware of.

Edward Haley of VA

Sharon Smith (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2001 2:04PM GMT
Have you found any futher info on Edward yet?I just have the same info as you?

Re: info on Edward Haley

Mary Gooding (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2001 6:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Haley/Herndon
Hi, Edward Haley had a daughter by the name of Valentine who married James Herndon in 1737. I have that Edward's wife was Catharine, but do not know her last name. Anyway, I was wondering if it may be possible to have a copy of Edward's will. He would have been my GGGGGG Grandfather. I would be happy ot send you the money for the copy. Mary

Re: info on Edward Haley

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 10:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jul 2002 8:19PM GMT
Hello Beth -

My name is Karen and I read in your message that you had a copy of a will for Edward Haley. I am descended from the Haley's through John b. 1580, William b. 1620, John b. 1645 and then Edward Haley b. 1675 in York, VA, then through his son David b. Abt. 1720 and then through his son David b. 1760 in Halifax, VA. and David's daughter Martha "Patsy" Haley who married my ggg grandfather Benton Modglin. I would love to correspond with you regarding the Haley line and I would also if possible be interested in obtaining a copy of Edward's Will.

Thank you for your time

Karen in California :)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic