Search for content in message boards

Charles H. Rose in Idaho

Charles H. Rose in Idaho

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROSE
I found a newspaper article in the Rockford Register - Gazette dated December 13, 1912. I'm thinking that this newspaper might be from Rockford, Illinois? Anyway, here is the posting: "The police have received a message from Wallace, Idaho, stating that Charles Henry Rose, who it is thought has relatives here, is dead, and asking what disposition shall be made of the body. Up to a late hour no relatives had been located."

I also found an Idaho Death Record for Rose, Charles Henry. Date of death: 12 December 1912 in the city of Wallace, Shoshone Co., Idaho. Date of birth is unknown.

Some of my questions: (1) Did his family every claim the body? (2) Where would he have been buried? (3) Was he living/working in Wallace at the time of his death? (4) What was the cause of his death?

I am researching my great grandfather, Charles Henry Rose. My great grandfather was born 1874 in Germany. He was a minister in Seattle and Portland. In June 1912, my Charles left Portland, Oregon and went to Kansas for the funeral of his mother in Phillipsburg.

My Charles married Frieda Lutthans in East St. Louis, Illinois in Dec 1903. They had 3 children--a son born in Oct 1904 in East St. Louis; a daughter born Dec 1906 in Seattle; another son born in July 1909 in Seattle. Perhaps this Charles Henry Rose who died in Wallace is my great grandfather, returning to Oregon.

This Charles Henry Rose in Wallace died on 12/12/12.

Re: Charles H. Rose in Idaho

Posted: 8 Apr 2012 11:47PM GMT
JM-if you can wait until later this week when I go to the Idaho History Center, I can look at the death certificate and the Wallace newspapers which should answer your questions. John in Boise

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 11:27PM GMT
JM--Please e-mail me: tokens at gmail dot com
John in Boise

Posted: 11 Apr 2012 11:46PM GMT
Surnames: Rose, Elkhart, Dill
I received the Death Certificate for this Charles Henry Rose. It states that this Charles died of stomach cancer at the age of 56 years. He died in Wallace, Idaho. His residence before being hospitalized at Providence Hospital in Wallace was Enaville, Idaho. He was a cook. He was married to Mrs. Chas. H. Rose. Charles was born in New Jersey, son of Julius Rose, also of New Jersey. Charles died on 12 December 1912. I do not know where he was buried. I do not know his wife's first name. I haven't found him in 1910 census. Hopefully this information will help someone researching this particular Charles Henry Rose.

I'm still searching for my great grandfather, who was last seen in June 1912 in Kansas City, where he was arrested for borrowing $6 from a fellow minister. I haven't been able to find out whose funeral he was supposedly attending in Phillipsburg, Kansas in 1912. There is a ROSE family in Phillipsburg area (Crystal and Agra in Phillips Co., Kansas). The father was Frank and he died in 1892. Frank's wife's name is Mary/Maria/Maria (Dill) Rose but she didn't die until 1931. According to my Charles' marriage certificate, his father is Frank J. Rose and his mother is Myrtle Elkhart. Charles says he was born in "Kingstown", Germany--haven't found that there is such a location in Germany. Hmmm...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic