Search for content in message boards

Hendersons in 1850 , 1860 & 1870 Wilkes Census

Hendersons in 1850 , 1860 & 1870 Wilkes Census

Bob Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Henderson
Would like to contact descendants of any of the Hendersons listed in the 1850 Wilkes Census: Jesse, Meridith, Squire, Nancy, or William. In the 1860 Wilkes Eli who was in the 1850 Iredell. Can anyone identify the Hendersons in the 1870 census? William & Roda, E. B. & Rusha?, E? & Rebecca, Elie, S? & Mary, William & Martha Gray Henderson.

Bob Henderson
119 Pinewood Dr
Greer, SC 29651-1441

Eli Henderson

Ilene Bahm (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brewer, Henderson, Durham, Wood, Somers, Sturdevant
Eli Henderson and Adeline Caroline Somers are my ggGrandparents. They came from Iredell and Wilkes Co. NC.
Have lots of info on this line.
ILene Bahm

Henderson

Ilene Bahm (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Eli Henderson and Adeline Caroline Somers are my gg Grandparents. William Argusta(Gus Henderson is their son who married Martha E. Gray. I have lots of in info on this line of Hendersons.
Be glad to share what I have that is of interest to you.

Ilene

Wiliam Somers

Ilene Bahm (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Somers, Henderson, Souther, Brewer
I have A William Theodore Somers born Aug 5, 1903 in Wilkes Co. NC. to Nathan Asubry Somer and Mahulda Messick.
William Married a Grace Souther.
William is Buried at the Union Bapatist Ch, Somers Twp Osbornville, Wilkes Co. NC. He Died July 12, 1992.

For more Info e-mail me at my email address, Ilene Bahm

Henderson and Somers Family

Posted: 21 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2002 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Glass, Harris, Kemp, Prevette, Felts, Duncan, Ball, Nicholson, Kessler, Watts
Some of these records are sketchy, but it looks like the same family from the Wilkes County area.

Evaline Somers married _____ Henderson. She was a daughter of Bill Somers and Grace Souther. Grace Souther was a daughter of Sylvester Noah Souther born 14 Jan 1870 died 29 Mar 1956 buried at Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church who married Pearl E. Kemp born Feb 1880 and also buried at Mt. Pisgah. Pearl E. Kemp was a daughter of Harrison E. Kemp and Mary M. Prevette. I have more on the the Kemp line.

Is this your line, and can you help fill in the missing dates and facts?

Mike Cavenaugh

Henderson Somers

Bob Henderson (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Henderson
I have a Rhoda Souther b 3 April 1848 md Meredith Jones Henderson b 5 Oct 1844. Who were Rhoda's parents?

Also Lillie Henderson dau of William H Henderson b ca 1845. This Lillie md Joel Newton Souther. Who was Joel Newton Souther's parents?

I can't connect your Evaline Somers Henderson yet. Hopefully will get enough in from others to make the connections.

Bob Henderson
Greer, SC

That family!

Posted: 22 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2002 1:05AM GMT
Surnames: Henderson, Souther, Dishmon, Lewis
Joel Newton Souther, born 26 Aug 1874 and died 11 Feb., 1952
buried at cemetery you stated. Mrried 19 Feb 1899 to
Lillie Henderson. Joel's parents Joseph Little Souther and Anna Dishmon (Dishmond) according to info. on head stone.
Lillie was born 21 Oct 1879 and died 16 Sept 1965.

Lillie's parents were Wm. W. Henderson and Adeline Lewis.
Adeline was born 14 Oct 1855. I do not know whom her
parents were but believe probably connected to my Lewis line back there in Wilkes Co.

Rhoda Souther that married Meredith Jones Henderson was the dau. of Joshua Souther, Jr. b 1808 in Wilkes Co. and Sarah Laws.

My earlier Chambers line from the Hunting Creek area of
Wilkes Co. had a dau. that married into the Kemp line and would like to know more about your Kemp line. Also, would like to know more about your Brooks line.
Ruthi

Chambers, Kemp, and Brooks

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 May 2002 5:42PM GMT
Surnames: Glass, Shew, Shatley
Please contact me by direct Email on these lines.

souther surname

Posted: 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2002 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: souther
My grandparents were born in Wilkes co. Morris Arthur Souther, b. 5/1890, d. 4/71; mar. Mattie Elizabeth Anderson, b. 5/1890, d. 2/76; both buried at Lewis Baptist Church off Hwy 115. 6 children - Bertha, Beulah (d), Charles (d), John Mansfield (d), Ila, Luther. Moved to Statesville NC
Posted: 25 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 1:18AM GMT
Surnames: Souther, Holler, Hollar, Speece
I have some information on the Souther family which was given to me by another Holler(ar) researcher. The Holler, Souther and Speece families intermarried quite a bit over the years.

My great-great grandfather was Rev. Israel Holler, father of Elizabeth Holler who married Lewis Calton Souther. Although I do not have much right now on Elizabeth and Lewis and their family, if you need other information regarding the Souther family, I may be able to help a little.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic