Search for content in message boards

Robinson/Roberson/Bradley(e)/Spann/Ford

Robinson/Roberson/Bradley(e)/Spann/Ford

CTRobinson (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello. I am looking for AA relatives that might have the following surnames:Robinson, Roberson, Spann & Bradley(e). They are from the counties of Kershaw & Sumter in SC. Some descendents may have migrated to PA, NY, CT, NJ, CA & possibly MA & some may still be in SC. I do know that Louise Robinson Ford, George, Eugene, Al, Frederick & Lawrence Robinson were all siblings. Their parents was Vivian & Siga Robinson. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Robinson/Roberson

Posted: 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
I am part of the Robinson/Roberson family from Knights Hill Road in Camden. I have not run across the other surnames you mention in my family tree. You can contact me with regard to the Robinson/Roberson family.

ROBINSON/ROBERSON

CTRobinson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ROBINSON, ROBERSON
HELLO. THANKS FOR RESPONDING TO MY POSTING. I HAVE SOME OTHER NAMES THAT ARE ROBINSON/ROBERSON TOO. THEY ARE ALL DECEASED, BUT I THINK I CAN PINPOINT WHERE THEY MAY LIVED AND HOW THEY ARE RELATED TO ANOTHER FAMILY I AM RESEARCHING.
MASRENIA ENGLISH m. EUGENE ROBINSON
MASRENIA'S NIECE MARIE DAVIS m. EUGENE'S YOUNGEST BROTHER LAWRENCE. MARIE & LAWRENCE LIVED IN BOTH PHILADELPHIA, PA & SUMTER, SC. MARIE & LAWRENCE LIVED FIRST IN SUMTER, THEN MOVED TO PHILLY, THEN RETURNED BACK SOUTH WHERE THEY HAD SEVERAL OTHER CHILDREN. AS FOR MASRENIA & EUGENE, I AM NOT SURE WHAT THEIR CHILDREN NAMES WAS OR WHERE EXACTLY THEY LIVED. BUT I THINK THEY ALSO LIVED IN SUMTER TOO.

Robinson's

Posted: 26 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Nov 2005 8:12AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
I am researching my ggfather Madison Robinson, he lived in S.C. somewhere, he could have come through kershaw. This is the first county I found any Robinsons. He had a son named John then went to fla. Thank you for any info.

Re: Robinson/Roberson

Posted: 16 May 2007 12:40AM GMT
Good evening. About seven years ago, I contacted you in regards to the ROBINSON family that spanned the entire eastern seaboard. My name was CTRobinson and I can currently be contacted at trsctga9198@yahoo.com. Since that time I have come across several names on my family tree. My great-grandparents was SIGS/SIGO/SIGER and PHIBA/PHOEBE ROBINSON. I have been told that the family origins are in CAMDEN and SUMTER, SC. They are parents of the following children: ALWARDEN/ABMARDEN, LOUISA, DINAH, FRASIA/FRAZIER, EUGENE(married into the ENGLISH-MCFADDEN-DAVIS families), EARNEST(SIGER JR) and LAWRENCE. If you would like to share information please contact me at my new address. Thank you in advance.

Re: Robinson/Roberson/Bradley(e)/Spann/Ford

Posted: 15 Jul 2007 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: ROBERSON ROBINSON MITCHELL
I have one Peter ROBERSON/ROBINSON (1878-1934) who married Rosa MITCHELL both from the Statesburg/Dalzell area of Sumter County. Peter's parents were David & Hannah ROBERSON of Sumter County, SC, found in the 1880 Sumter Co SC census, Statesburg township. Peter & Rosa moved to Alachua County, FL in the early 1900's. Descendants currently live in the Miami FL area. Please contact me if you connect with this ROBERSON/ROBINSON family.

Re: Robinson/Roberson/Bradley(e)/Spann/Ford

Posted: 16 Jul 2007 6:50PM GMT
Hi

My grandmother is a Elizabeth(Elisabeth) Roberson Reed. Her father was Gaddy Roberson, but the census list him as Robertson. I was trying to reseach the African American Robinson, Roberson and Robertson when my atttorney uncle told me about a book by Laura Vivian Gibbons Hersperger. " This book gives great information on the white Roberson, Robertson and Robinson. The Roberson married into the Gibbons family from Sumter, South Carolina. Clarendon County has the burial of most family members according to the book. The book can no longer be purchased, but can be used at any of the Historical Libraries in South Carolina. The book title is "Michael Gibbons and His Descendants".
Should you run up on information of the African American Roberson, please pass onto me.

Any further questions, email me at ynb8391@aol.com
Yolanda Bell

Re: Robinson/Roberson

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 12:50AM GMT
Hello. I was doing some research and came across your posting. My father is a ROBINSON and he said his fathers' family was originally from CAMDEN, SC. His grandparents was either PHIBA/PHOEBE and SIGH/SIGER/SIGO? ROBINSON and from my understanding these were the names of their children
ALWARDEN-LOUISA-DINAH-FRASIA-EUGENE-EARNEST-LAWRENCE. They resided in and around SUMTER, SC. Please contact me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions