Search for content in message boards

Simpson family, Prospect

Simpson family, Prospect

Chrystal Jones (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2005 4:29PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jan 2005 6:21PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson
I am looking to put together my family tree. So far I can only trace a few generations back. Mainly I wish to trace the ancestors of the late Charles Archer Simpson of Prospect, VA- my great-grandfather.

Thank you
Chrystal Jones

Re: Simpson family, Prospect

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 5:48PM GMT
I wonder if this is also my great grandfather, although my records show Norfolk, VA. Do you have records that show Charles Archer Simpson married Anna Augusta Henrietta Raetz? (She later divorced Charles and remarried). Charles and Anna were married in 1905, either in Virginia or Missouri. I do not know if Charles was married prior to or after his marriage to Anna.

Since your post, have you found any records going back further on Charles' parents and grandparents?

Posted: 19 Jul 2008 9:37PM GMT
Surnames: Simpson, Lowe, Dowdy
I have a Charles Archer SIMPSON b abt 1907 who was married to Visa Lou LOWE. His parents were William H. SIMPSON & Pocahontas DOWDY. Would these people be connected to your family?

Ruby Talley Smith rubygem@aol.com

Posted: 30 Sep 2012 2:46AM GMT
I'm also a great grand child of Charlees Archer Simpson; b. abt. 1877, perhaps in VA; m. abt. 1905 to Anna Augusta Henrietta Raetz; d. unknown. I just found your post. Have you gained any additional information since you posted in 2005. I have no more ancestry information other than what I've shown. I'd be interested to see what you have. His daughter, b. 1906, just passed away in 2010 at age 104. She never knew anything about him beyond what I've posted.

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 8:16PM GMT
Write to me at simpsonseeker@yahoo.com please. I may have something for you!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions