Search for content in message boards

Hughey, Sutton, Noble

Hughey, Sutton, Noble

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 12:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hughey, Sutton, Noble, Barber, Livingstone
I am trying to locate some information on these names.

Margaret Livingstone married Robert Hughey.
They had children David 1893, Stanley 1894, and Margaret 1890 that I can find. They also had a daughter Isabella Hughey who married Henry Sutton (marriage certificate says William Henry Sutton) in 1905. There is also a Isabella Noble daughter of John Noble and Sarah Hughey. Isabella Noble married Robert Sutton in 1907. They are from the Whitchurch, Newmarket, Keswick areas. I am the grandaugher of Robert and Henry's sister, Florence Annie Sutton(Barber). If anyone has any information on any of these people please contact me at deborahblinkhorn@rogers.com

Re: Hughey, Sutton, Noble

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 4:48PM GMT
I have done some work on this family several years ago for another Hughey researcher who is descended from Robert's brother, William. I have my files at home, but here's a link to what I have posted in the past about this family:

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?b::canada...

You will see that their father, also named William, was tried for murder in 1859 and sentences to death (commuted to life imprisonment) and died in Kingston Penitentiary a few years later. The articles about the trial are now online:

http://news.ourontario.ca/newmarket/results?pn=William+Hughe...

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: Hughey, Sutton, Noble
Thank you so much for getting back to me. Wow! This is quite a family with quite a bit of interesting events. I enjoyed reading the article on the murder.

I am correct with my research that Isabella Hughey married Henry Sutton (marriage certificate says William Henry Sutton) in 1905. This matches what you have.

You mention that Robert Hughey and James Hughey had a sister Sarah Ann. Do you think this is the Sarah Ann Hughey that married John Noble? Their daughter Isabella Noble married Robert Sutton in 1907.

There were 4 children of Phoebe Cox and William Sutton. Florence (my grandmother), Louisa (located her family line to date), Henry Sutton and Robert Sutton are the two that I am working on now. I grew up in Newmarket and I know that there are plots at the cemetery there for this family but I have not had the opportunity to get back there to take a look.

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 2:38PM GMT
OK, finally remembered to pull out the Hughey file that I have ... from James Hughey's will:

Robert Hughey, brother of deceased, residing at Keswick, Ontario, Canada.

Sarah Ann Noble, a sister of the deceased was named in said will as a legatee and was given the sum of $500, but she died January 30, 1916 after said will was executed and she left as her only children who became entitled to the legacy given to their mother the following:

- Isabella Sutton, Mary Jane Rolland, John Noble, Margaret Noble, and Elizabeth O'Donnell; and that the foregoing and no others are entitled to share in the estate.

There was another Hughey family, likely brothers to the elder William, who farmed next to them on Yonge Street, so keeping the families straight takes a bit of work.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 1:18AM GMT
Eileen, good to see you are still out there, thanks for answering this young lady. I have been out of touch for awhile, imagine my suprise at seeing her msg.

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 12:50PM GMT
Yup, I'm still at it, so glad that you saw the marriage. As soon as I saw the message, I thought of you. Sounds like you might have found a relative.

Posted: 29 Oct 2012 2:57PM GMT
Eileen, thank you for all of the information. Sandy contacted me and were are exchanging information. I do find it all so confusing but extremely interesting at the same time.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions