Search for content in message boards

Dunn Reunion Troy Ala.

Dunn Reunion Troy Ala.

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
The Dunn Family reunion will be held at 2127 Butter & Egg Rd. in Troy Ala. April 19, 2009. At 9:30 til 2:30 It a covered dish so bring a dish and join the family.

Re: Dunn Reunion Troy Ala.

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 4:01PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2009 10:54PM GMT
Surnames: Dunn
'Lo.

I noticed your Dunn family reunion -- and where it'll be held -- and because of those two things I thought I'd send you a quick note. To begin with, I'm a Dunn and any history I have that may be of help/interest to anyone, I'm willing to share. The other thing is that I work for the helicopter manufacturer, Sikorsky Aircraft, and we have a plant in Troy (I'm in Stratford, Connecticut).
For what it's worth, most of my Dunn history is around the New Haven, Conn. area and, of course ( ;-) ), Ireland. If anyone wants to get in touch with me, my e-mail is: james.dunn@snet.net.
Well, 'at's about it ... t'care!

Jim Dunn

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 6:10PM GMT
Surnames: DUNN
Hi! I wish I had known your date for DUNN Reunion. My parents live in Ozark AL. We now live in Utah-- I need abt 3 weeks lead time to get a plane ticket. I am very much interested in the Ala DUNNS because my 2ndgrtgrpa John DUNN (b. 1845 TN) lived in Ala and fought in an ALA regiment in the Civil War. His left eye was shot out and his niece said his nickname was leather-eye. I am off his only son, John Wm DUNN born in Naylor ARK. My father in Ozark is 81, will not listen to me--but maybe you can convince him to contribute his DNA so we can find what DUNN line we descend from? His name is Grady Lee DUNN lives on Camilla Avenue.

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 6:25PM GMT
The Dunn group in Troy tie to Albert Gatlin Dunn who was the son of Gatewood Dunn from Jasper Co. Ga. I have info on that line if interested

Posted: 15 Apr 2009 1:53PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2009 4:34PM GMT
Surnames: Dunn, Russell, Rainwater
My Dunn's also came from Arkansas. I would love to find out more about them . But I only know of the later Dunn's . My grandmother Nellie Dunn, was the daughter of William A Dunn and Mary Rainwater. They had three sons. Golden Rainwater , Robert , and Benjamin. They had one other daughter her name was Amanda Dunn Booher. She lived and Died in Pope County Arkansas.
William and Mary rainwater were married in Conway County Dec.22,1885. I believe that William was born around 1857 census says he was born in Arkansas. ( I wonder about that)
I do know that two of the sons moved into Lawrence Kansas. From there we lost touch with them. My Grandmother married John Russell. Amanda married a Braswell and also Dave Booher. Would love to learn more of this family. Ina

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 4:57PM GMT
For those of you who did not have a chance to attend the Dunn Family reunion in Troy Ala. It was a great event with over 130 people in attendence. This group descends from Albert Galitin Dunn's son John Thomas Dunn. Their reunion has been going on for over 75 years. Its realy worth while attending. Well done with lots of great food and fellowship.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions