Search for content in message boards

Kilcrease (Killcress) family

Kilcrease (Killcress) family

William Kilcrease (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kilcrease, Killcress, Killcrass, Gillechrist
I'm trying to find any info on Robert Kilcrease, born 1750 in Kilmarnock...He came to USA with his Borther Daniel prior to 1790??... any of the Kilcrease (spelling ??)family still in the area??? Thanks, William Kilcrease ...wrk1@ix.netcom.com

Robert Kilcrease

June Tucker (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kilcrease
William, I have been in contact with Jack Kilcrease in Amarillo, Tx. He had info back to Robert Kilcrease, Jr. b. 1790 in Edgefield Co. Tenn. mother's name Martha. This is where the info we have on our Kilcrease line stops. Could this be the same family? Please e-mail me if this helps or you need more. We have info from R.K. Jr. until present. June

Kilcrease / Gilchrist South Carolina

Posted: 11 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Aug 2002 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Kilcrease, Gilchrist
As far as I can follow my ancestory so far is to Nimrod Gilchrist / Kilcrease. He came from Scotland in 1790? Their were five brothers, three stayed in the south and two went north. The northerners spelled their names Gilchrist, the southerners spelled theirs Kilcrease because they were uneducated. This is what I have read so far from a history done by a family member. Most of my family ended up in and around Edgefirld county South Carolina.

Re: Robert Kilcrease

Posted: 9 Jun 2011 12:14AM GMT
This would be Robert, Jr. b. 1790 Edgefield, S. C. His father Robert Sr. was born in Ayshire County, Kilmanock, Scotland 1750 and his wife was Martha. Robert Sr's.father was Benjamin but I have nothing on his birth, etc.

Posted: 27 Mar 2013 8:40PM GMT
If you are still doing genealogy on the Kilcrease family I would like to share with you I have a great amount and am willing to share.

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 1:51AM GMT
I am looking for Robert Kilcrease Jr. wife Lucy. One census records looks like her name also have been Francis and Lucy may have been a nickname. Her last name is the final name so I can publish a 7 generation poster for my mom. Any information you have would be appreciated.
K
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions